Gongalong Posted September 27, 2018 Posted September 27, 2018 Hi folks, I’m trying to setup Active Directory-based activation on a couple of DCs within our forest. I have installed the Volume Activation Services role and rebooted the server. I have tried running the Volume Activation Tools (as domain admin, and elevated as well) and adding the key but at the point of online activation I get the error “Access is denied”. I have also tried doing this via elevated command prompt using “slmgr ad-activation-online”, but also get an access denied error (specifically: Error: 0x80070005 Access denied the requested action requires elevated privileges.) I’ve researched the errors but there don't appear to be any clear answers aside from running with elevated privs, which I've done. Any ideas? Thanks
Gongalong Posted October 8, 2018 Author Posted October 8, 2018 Transpired that I cannot install ADBA KMS on a child DC. Has to be on the root DC.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now