NetworkServices Posted June 26, 2018 Posted June 26, 2018 Does anybody here disable hybrid shutdown via the registry for their Windows 10 machines? I'm sure you're all aware that selecting shutdown doesn't fully shutdown Windows 10 and selecting restart is the only way to fully reboot Windows. Our users are actually pretty good at shutting down their machines overnight but occasionally we get some issues with PaperCut client not loading and/or some missing network drives. Restarting fully always fixes these issues. I appreciate that disabling hybrid shutdown will cause a slight performance hit in shutting down and starting up but your thoughts on whether this makes any complainable difference would be appreciated. Thanks muchly.
Oaktech Posted June 26, 2018 Posted June 26, 2018 It fouls up longer GPO operations like software installs and file copy, so yes, disabled as a step during SCCM build here. It is a startup hit, but how much depends on what your machines actually do. All of our machines are shutdown at night by PSShutdown and wired machines that are WOL capable are started up every morning so most people don't notice anything. 1
gmonks Posted June 26, 2018 Posted June 26, 2018 (edited) I've set the following registry key to disable it: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power\HiberbootEnabled – set to 0 Edited June 26, 2018 by gmonks 1
NetworkServices Posted June 26, 2018 Author Posted June 26, 2018 I've set the following registry key to disable it: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power\HiberbootEnabled – set to 0 That's the one.
NetworkServices Posted July 2, 2018 Author Posted July 2, 2018 Thanks everybody for the replies. You've all confirmed what I really should have been doing from the start. The change has been made.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now