Cache Posted December 11, 2017 Posted December 11, 2017 Hi Just wondering if anyone else has noticed any performance issues with OWA over the last month or so? I tend to use Outlook but noticed when using my admin account that the computer would generally start to grind to a halt. Thought it might be my PC but now a couple of other staff have reported the same thing. Just curious whether it's me or a bigger thing?
mullet_man Posted December 11, 2017 Posted December 11, 2017 I haven't noticed it on OWA as I don't use it because it's pants but I have noticed OneNote online is terribly slow recently, could be connected? 1
timbo343 Posted December 12, 2017 Posted December 12, 2017 Hi Just wondering if anyone else has noticed any performance issues with OWA over the last month or so? I tend to use Outlook but noticed when using my admin account that the computer would generally start to grind to a halt. Thought it might be my PC but now a couple of other staff have reported the same thing. Just curious whether it's me or a bigger thing? Does it happen at certain times? Is there a pattern? Whats it like external to your network? What are your bandwidth graphs like when the problem occurs?
Cache Posted December 12, 2017 Author Posted December 12, 2017 Everything else appears to be working fine, I'd probably describe it more as a memory leak in that while it takes a while for OWA to load all it's bits and pieces in, the longer you leave it open the worse the performance of the PC generally gets. I've not noticed it as much at home, but I only pop on briefly and then log off rather than leaving it open for an extended period of time - will need to have a play further I guess.
timbo343 Posted December 12, 2017 Posted December 12, 2017 Everything else appears to be working fine, I'd probably describe it more as a memory leak in that while it takes a while for OWA to load all it's bits and pieces in, the longer you leave it open the worse the performance of the PC generally gets. I've not noticed it as much at home, but I only pop on briefly and then log off rather than leaving it open for an extended period of time - will need to have a play further I guess. hmmm, i thought they had got over that issue. I know i sometimes sit with OWA open on my machine in Chrome or IE and don't have any issues though i have allowed / white listed outlook.office.com & r4.res.office365.com which seem to be the 2 that are needed for Outlook client and OWA. Is it browser specific? 1
Cache Posted December 12, 2017 Author Posted December 12, 2017 I'll have to do some more digging and see is the honest answer to that, was one of those things if others were experiencing it/had a solution then it would save me some time.
chaplic Posted December 12, 2017 Posted December 12, 2017 Everything else appears to be working fine, I'd probably describe it more as a memory leak in that while it takes a while for OWA to load all it's bits and pieces in, the longer you leave it open the worse the performance of the PC generally gets. I've not noticed it as much at home, but I only pop on briefly and then log off rather than leaving it open for an extended period of time - will need to have a play further I guess. OWA is definitely a memory hog - I've seen it use 300MB plus. I suppose in fairness it's a pretty complex web app with lots of functionality but on a modest machine that's a lot of RAM. 1
The_Knitter Posted December 12, 2017 Posted December 12, 2017 Quite a few of my colleagues have been complaining about it recently. It takes a while for everything to load so that you can browse properly or open an email, sometimes it gets completely stuck. I would agree that the longer you're working in it, the worse it seems to be. 1
sparkeh Posted December 13, 2017 Posted December 13, 2017 Yeah a few people have reported that here. Seems to be our older machines it happens on. Definitely gets worse the longer it’s open, affected users just reboot now.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now