mikeprice Posted November 8, 2017 Posted November 8, 2017 Hi all weid problem has started to occur on startup on my computer - windows 10 edu with 2 monitors Works fine on initial startup - windows logo comes up on both screen then the right screen goes blank and the login screen comes up on the left screen I login OK as normal but then the right screen stays blank It's easy enough to fix as I just Windows p - duplicate - windows p - extend but it's annoying Any ideas?? I've done the obvious and updated drives etc TIA Mike
jordymitch Posted November 8, 2017 Posted November 8, 2017 I had the exact same problem i found doing the Microsoft updates fixed it, it just stopped working then after checking the Microsoft updates and doing them it worked... 1
mikeprice Posted November 8, 2017 Author Posted November 8, 2017 I had the exact same problem i found doing the Microsoft updates fixed it, it just stopped working then after checking the Microsoft updates and doing them it worked... It used to work - so I suspect an update messed it up - I will try checkign for updates and see thanks
jordymitch Posted November 8, 2017 Posted November 8, 2017 let me know how u get on because i had the exact same problem with the same OS
hardtailstar Posted November 8, 2017 Posted November 8, 2017 Are you using an adapter or straight from graphics cards?
hardtailstar Posted November 8, 2017 Posted November 8, 2017 i believe its an dvi adapter and cable. I had an issue with a usb to VGA adapter. I used another adapter after updating windows. The old adapter still has issues with W10. but works fine with W7. Ive not had any issues with the new different adapter.
mikeprice Posted November 8, 2017 Author Posted November 8, 2017 I have one dvd to dvi and one dvi to hdmi by the way my graphics card is ati radeo hd 4500 - if it helps
mikeprice Posted November 8, 2017 Author Posted November 8, 2017 Have you tried upgrading the graphics drivers? Yup - just checked again and it is the latest version
3s-gtech Posted November 8, 2017 Posted November 8, 2017 For the 4550, the drivers shipped via Windows Update are the newest that you can get (we have loads so I know them well). We don't have this issue with them, but you can script displayswitch to run at logon to automatically set your monitors to extend.
mikeprice Posted November 8, 2017 Author Posted November 8, 2017 have you checked the Microsoft updates ? Yes - it updated this morning
jordymitch Posted November 8, 2017 Posted November 8, 2017 ahh man i did that and the restarted all was working ... weird!
PotNoodleTech Posted November 8, 2017 Posted November 8, 2017 You usually get the black secondary screen when the desktop is in "extended" mode rather than "clone" mode. But if it's working now then who knows!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now