pooley Posted March 20, 2008 Posted March 20, 2008 I know this has been covered a few times (i did search) But we have issues of Children and Staff accidentally dragging and dropping folders into one another. I have tried setting the folder security to delete=deny but this breaks M$ Publisher from saving to the folder. Any suggestions ?
jamin100 Posted March 20, 2008 Posted March 20, 2008 interested in this also... The staff have a habit of moving folders and then forgetting where they put them
leco Posted March 20, 2008 Posted March 20, 2008 I'd like a solution also as the little darlings somehow manage to put folders within folders within folders - which takes longer for me to find them. I'm sure some of them do it on purpose.
SimpleSi Posted March 21, 2008 Posted March 21, 2008 I presume you are running a simple nested shared folder system like me in a primary. AFAIK there isn't a solution (Mind you didn't know about delete=deny setting so I'll have a play with it as we don't used publisher for the pupils) My compromise (security/ease of shared use) is to have a simple class selection dialog box come up which lets pupils select which set of folders gets mapped to a drive letter (P:). The pupils are taught to just run the same program when they take over a computer that is already up and running, before they start using it This simplifies the problem in that they then normally only affect 1 other pupil when their finger slips (they don't normally do it deliberately ) and the teacher can usually find where its gone quite quickly Another good idea is to teach ones that have trouble double-clicking, to single click on a folder instead and then press Return to open it up - this helps to cut down on the problem as well I've attached my program (It's an AutoIt script) and an ini file l=thats lets you set up which sub-folders of the main shared folder are mapped for each class. regards Simonchoose.zip
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now