Disease Posted September 12, 2017 Posted September 12, 2017 I am looking at a project to offer each student some proper webspace internally, I want to offer PHP, mysql etc. as well as other technologies Has anyone done this and how did you go about it, I would like to set it up so when they log in they have their webspace as a mapped drive ready to drop files in and they can browse to http://webserver/Username to view their files.
FN-GM Posted September 12, 2017 Posted September 12, 2017 You can get CPanel free for education, could use that? 1
cpjitservices Posted September 12, 2017 Posted September 12, 2017 maybe use WebDav to map the drives too ? 1
GTX Posted September 12, 2017 Posted September 12, 2017 I would go for cPanel as well. If your having problems you could try Centos Panel. Great bit of kit. 1
cpjitservices Posted September 12, 2017 Posted September 12, 2017 (edited) You can get CPanel free for education, could use that? There's also zPanel, Like CPanel, but open source. ZPanel | The free web hosting panel http://thewindowsclub.thewindowsclubco.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/zpanel-interface.jpg Edited September 12, 2017 by cpjitservices
cpjitservices Posted September 12, 2017 Posted September 12, 2017 I would go for cPanel as well. If your having problems you could try Centos Panel. Great bit of kit. Not bad, like a polished version of Webmin.
pcstru Posted September 12, 2017 Posted September 12, 2017 I am looking at a project to offer each student some proper webspace internally, I want to offer PHP, mysql etc. as well as other technologies Has anyone done this and how did you go about it, I would like to set it up so when they log in they have their webspace as a mapped drive ready to drop files in and they can browse to http://webserver/Username to view their files. I have an Ubuntu LAMPS server set up. I have some bash scripts which create accounts, a database etc and give access to resources they need from a CSV file. I don't allow drive mapping, they have to use ftp (or rsync etc) to move files - just like in the real world. It is used by a very limited number of students each year so is a reasonable compromise between ease of maintaining it and the functionality it offers. 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now