mortstar Posted March 17, 2008 Posted March 17, 2008 So the Head of ICT wants to run the KS3 ICT tests and since last year when the tests were canned - our network has changed drastically and the original install no longer exists. I got a new install CD from RM and followed the detailed instructions for install onto Linux server. As they require Red Hat Enterprise, I substituted that request for CentOS 5.1 Installation seems to go swimmingly with no errors, all users created, postgres setup properly, tomcat installed etc. etc. The problem I have is when trying to access the https://server:8443/qca site - which throws up a 404 error "The requested resource (/qca/) is not available". I've checked /usr/local/aps/tomcat/webapps and there is a 'qca' folder that contains properly configured WEB-INF folder and web.xml files. I can browse to the root (https://server:8443) and get the Tomcat generic homepage. All help gratefully received! Cheers
CyberNerd Posted March 17, 2008 Posted March 17, 2008 I can confirm the aps server works on Centos, although I've not looked at it for a while since the tests were dropped. Can you confirm the tomcat_aps service is running, any errors on starting it/ /etc/init.d/aps_tomcat status and that postgres is running.
mortstar Posted March 17, 2008 Author Posted March 17, 2008 (edited) Hi [root@VM-KS3 qca]# service aps_tomcat status Tomcat is running. [root@VM-KS3 qca]# service postgresql status postmaster (pid 2237 2236 2235 2233 2230) is running... Both services startup on boot and start/stop without error Just to expand a little - CentOS is running on VMware Server on a Windows 2003 r2 host. Ethernet is bridged Edited March 17, 2008 by mortstar
CyberNerd Posted March 17, 2008 Posted March 17, 2008 've checked /usr/local/aps/tomcat/webapps and there is a 'qca' folder that contains properly configured WEB-INF folder and web.xml files. I'm not sure if its relevant, mine is here /usr/local/aps/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.12/webapps/qca but this may be a very old version, we stopped using it but I kept it on the server. I guess you have the correct perms on the qca directory (mine is rwx tomcat). now I think about it, I recall that I had some confusion with the tomcat user (the service runs as root anyway). I'm not sure exactly what it was as it was so long ago. I do remember that, as usual RM were as useless as tits on a hedgehog.
mortstar Posted March 17, 2008 Author Posted March 17, 2008 Sorry I missed out that dir, but it is the same structure on mine /usr/local/aps/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.12/webapps/qca I'll check the permissions now
interele Posted September 4, 2008 Posted September 4, 2008 Did you ever fix this as I'm getting the same on RH 5.2 Ta M
james_yale Posted October 29, 2008 Posted October 29, 2008 Just in case anyone has the same trouble and finds this thread, for me this was down to missing libraries required by libJCryptoUtils.so: The tomcat log output (/usr/local/aps/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.12/logs/catalina.out) was as follows: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/local/aps/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.12/webapps/qca/WEB-INF/classes/qca/aps/resources/Dll/libJCryptoUtils.so: libcrypto.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory The issue seemed to be that it required alot of older libs, standard on Fedora 7 but not on the newer stuff - I was using Fedora 9, expect CentOS 5.1 falls into the same category. I've made a little package of the required libs if anyone wants to save trawling through rpmfind: http://jim.geezas.com/stuff/linux/ks3-aps-compatlibs.tar.bz2 To use to navigate to /usr/local/aps and extract it: [root@ks3-tests aps]# pwd /usr/local/aps [root@ks3-tests aps]# tar -xvjf /tmp/ks3-aps-compatlibs.tar.bz2 tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.12/webapps/qca/WEB-INF/classes/qca/aps/resources/Dll/compat_lib/ etc etc It creates a new directory in the aps directory structure, you'll also need to modify the aps init script at /etc/init.d/aps_tomcat to look for the new libs, you can modify the LD_LIBRARY_PATH as follows: LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/aps/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.12/webapps/qca/WEB-INF/classes/qca/aps/resources/Dll/other/:/usr/local/aps/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.12/webapps/qca/WEB-INF/classes/qca/aps/resources/Dll/compat_lib/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
pete Posted May 11, 2009 Posted May 11, 2009 To get it to work on 64-bit Centos 5.3, I also had to grab the 32-bit version of libgdbm.so.2, from gdbm.i386 0:1.8.0-26.2.1.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now