technot Posted June 26, 2017 Posted June 26, 2017 I have a vertical strip of about a cm missing from my printing. I've cleaned everything th manual says, any ideas anyone please?
Oaktech Posted June 26, 2017 Posted June 26, 2017 Probably one of the drums or the fuser has a dead spot. If you're even slightly local to Dorset I've got 3 of them you can raid for parts if you like!
technot Posted June 26, 2017 Author Posted June 26, 2017 This is what is happening, nowhere near Dorset though, thanks.
Passat1983ICTech Posted June 26, 2017 Posted June 26, 2017 hi there that's a drum or the fuser unit 1
Techykev Posted June 26, 2017 Posted June 26, 2017 This can happen if the laser "window" get some carp on it (blocking the laser light onto the drum). Have you cleaned the laser windows: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/678411/Brother-Hl-4140cn.html?page=18#manual 1
technot Posted June 26, 2017 Author Posted June 26, 2017 Thanking you all for the help, this is great. It appears it's worse when it's just black printing. I expect when printing colour some black is used, when printing colours you can tell there's a difference. Yes, I have cleaned all the things including the laser windows. Although I did a test print rather than the printer settings and it was perfect.
Oaktech Posted June 26, 2017 Posted June 26, 2017 Then it sounds more and more like there is a dead spot on the black drum. 1
Techykev Posted June 26, 2017 Posted June 26, 2017 I take it you have checked the corona wire cleaner (green tab, see link) is pushed all the way to one side in the "parked" position as I have seen this also cause a similar result. https://www.manualslib.com/manual/706769/Brother-Hl-4140cn.html?page=94#manual
technot Posted June 26, 2017 Author Posted June 26, 2017 Techykev, yes I have, I'm going to have another go tomorrow with cleaning etc, and see what happens. : )
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now