Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am working with a supplier to try and get the pricing down on a quote for CCTV and he said that i can get a better price than him on the POE switch which is probably true i just dont know what make/model i need. It justs needs to be able to take up to 24ports all POE. I have found a d-link one here but not sure if this is good as i have never used d-link for switches i have always bought HP.

 

Do HP do a POE Switch?

Posted

I installed a HP 2626-PWR recently and they are great, but a very deep switch! You need arms of steel to install this in a rack :)

 

I was under the impression only the HP 2648-PWR needed an external power supply to supply PoE to all 48 ports?

Posted

2626-pwr supplies 406 watts of poe power, 15.4 watts per port.

 

The 2626-pwr can have an external power unit installed for redundancy.

 

Ben

Posted
I'll add another voice for the 2626-PWR, we use this in our office area to power half our phones (the other half are powered by a 5406zl).

 

Votes 2626 too...

 

Only downside with it is, the 2626 doesn't power our Aironet Access Points... the 8 port version does though. :rolleyes:

 

Good switch NtL

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...