tmcd35 Posted March 10, 2008 Posted March 10, 2008 Has anyone here found a tool that would allow me to update existing user accounts with Terminal Server Profile Path's. We have about 1800 students and don't relish the ideas of going through each account by hand and adding the TS Profile. Thanks
tmcd35 Posted March 10, 2008 Author Posted March 10, 2008 I'll answer my own question The free 'Password Control' from Wisesoft (http://www.wisesoft.co.uk) includes bulk profile changes. It did the job - 1800 unique TS Profiles - in around 90 seconds. Terry.
Wiseman82 Posted April 21, 2008 Posted April 21, 2008 I'll answer my own question The free 'Password Control' from Wisesoft (WiseSoft - Resources for IT Professionals) includes bulk profile changes. It did the job - 1800 unique TS Profiles - in around 90 seconds. Terry. Glad you found it useful.
ssiruuk2 Posted April 21, 2008 Posted April 21, 2008 You do realise you can just set this profile path for all users in Group Policy that is applied to the TS server in question? Computer Config >Admin Temp > Windows Components > Terminal Services > Set path for TS Roaming Profiles. Thats how I apply the profile path to all our students.
MatthewL Posted October 27, 2010 Posted October 27, 2010 Sorry to drag up an old thread but I have some 500+ profile paths to update and to be honest cannot be bothered to, if I went into the above and put in: \\servername\Profiles\TSProfiles\%username% would this create one for each user or would I need to put in: \\servername\Profiles\TSProfiles\ and change the tick in the box for this to work? Trying to make things easier but it seems to be harder!
MatthewL Posted October 27, 2010 Posted October 27, 2010 I know if I go into each user I can do that but if I used the group policy as shown in the post above and control it centrally which would I put?
john Posted October 27, 2010 Posted October 27, 2010 As far as I know using the %username% works fine in all areas of AD so would think it should be fine to do the path plus that wildcard. Why not give it a go on a couple just to check, I have never used TS profiles (as I've no TS's) but have no issues with using that and regular profiles.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now