Oaktech Posted March 1, 2017 Posted March 1, 2017 So my last 2 remaining 08r2 boxes are the Moodle server and the WDS server. I'm going to deprecate the WDS server soon anyway so I'm not worried about that, but I thought I'd give an in place upgrade a go, all seemed to go well. I'm going to say at the outset that I didn't set this up, it's one of the few remaining things left over from my predecessor and it's Moodle 2.3.1 (so pretty old now, but it works). I also suck at IIS! Initially when I went to http://moodle I got the IIS landing page where I used to get either: a redirect page and then a successful login if the user was in the OU in the LDAP module (admins aren't) or a login page with http://moodle/login/index.php?authldap_skipntlmsso=1 on it. I added in at the root of the site in 'default document' a 'user/profile.php' entry, which is the page you get after a successful SSO, and then below that a 'login/index.php' which is the page you get if you don't get a successful SSO. That stops the default IIS landing page coming up. I've been through all the moodle documentation, and 2 other 3rd party guides and as far as I can tell it's all configured correctly. Anyone seen this before? Anyone got a clue, because I haven't.
Oaktech Posted March 1, 2017 Author Posted March 1, 2017 I've 'fixed' it. It would appear that something in my IE policies has disabled fast path authentication for NTLM which meant 2 things. 1. IE wouldn't login 2. Other browsers wouldn't even try. I've disabled fast path in the LDAP plugin and now it works. Now all I have to do is work out why it takes 30-45 seconds to log in.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now