Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
This week we have all-in-one PCs

 

Hmm - might be just the ticket for our new IT suite. I don't suppose there's any way to connect an external harddrive via eSATA to one of those, is there?

 

--

David Hicks

Posted

Hi

 

We can build them with a G33M mainboard which will allow this but you'll be looking at about £20 more per system. Please let me know if you'd like a quotation and I'll see what I can do on the price for you

 

Regards

Posted
We can build them with a G33M mainboard which will allow this

 

Sorry, if I understand correctly, both the MSI 945GCM5-F and the Foxconn G33M motherboards have four internal SATA II connectors, but neither have eSATA connectors. Does the G33M come with an passive eSATA bracket of some kind that will fit okay in the chassis of that PC?

 

--

David Hicks

Posted
I cant believe how cheap the pc's are. Very nice :)

 

We try our best :D

 

We have plenty of very happy customers from EduGeek who I'm sure wouldn't hesitate in recommending us

Posted

The MSI G33M-FI has 2x eSata ports onboard connected to the Intel ICH9R

 

http://global.msi.com.tw/uploads/Image/product_img/other/mainboard/backio/7357_back.jpg

Posted
The MSI G33M-FI has 2x eSata ports onboard connected to the Intel ICH9R

 

Ah ha - thanks for that, explains that nicely. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to allow pupils to edit large amounts of video - I figure the most practical solution might well be to give them each an eSATA drive of some kind that they can switch between PCs. Our new budget doesn't happen until August, so we won't be buying anything quite yet, but I'll defiantly keep that one in mind.

 

--

David Hicks

Posted
Ah ha - thanks for that, explains that nicely. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to allow pupils to edit large amounts of video - I figure the most practical solution might well be to give them each an eSATA drive of some kind that they can switch between PCs. Our new budget doesn't happen until August, so we won't be buying anything quite yet, but I'll defiantly keep that one in mind.

 

--

David Hicks

 

 

Ok David

 

Let us know if you require any furhter information on this nearer the time. We'll be glad to help

 

Regards

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...