NetworkNinja Posted February 16, 2017 Posted February 16, 2017 Hi All, Hopefully someone might be able to help, Basically i am trying to set my Home Machine as a remote server so i can access my computer from anywhere. I need to open the RDP Port 3389 on my sky Hub Router. So i logged into the service page on my router and added the port using the TCP/UDP Option. This worked fine, I then went into Firewall Settings and created a rule on the inbound service section which will bascaily allow this port to my computer static ip. I went online and checked to see if the port was open and it tells me that it is blocked but any port i try is also block. I also have an account with DynDns which should help me remote into mu machine. Thanks in Advance
ZeroHour Posted February 16, 2017 Posted February 16, 2017 Did you point the port to an ip address? You add the service but you then have to map the service to an internal machine.
NetworkNinja Posted February 16, 2017 Author Posted February 16, 2017 Did you point the port to an ip address? You add the service but you then have to map the service to an internal machine. Sorry forgot to mention that in the firewall section on the sky router i have pointed the Port 3389 to my Computer's IP
ZeroHour Posted February 16, 2017 Posted February 16, 2017 Sorry forgot to mention that in the firewall section on the sky router i have pointed the Port 3389 to my Computer's IP [ATTACH=CONFIG]41632[/ATTACH] Something *seems* wrong in the right side as it says the full port range but I dont have access to my sky router right now, I have successfully opened ports through before without issue. Can you show me your service config.
NetworkNinja Posted February 17, 2017 Author Posted February 17, 2017 Something *seems* wrong in the right side as it says the full port range but I dont have access to my sky router right now, I have successfully opened ports through before without issue. Can you show me your service config. This is the page you wanted?
Davit2005 Posted February 17, 2017 Posted February 17, 2017 (edited) When are you seeing the blocked notification, provide screenshot, obscure any identifying info of course i.e. ip, URL, usernames and passwords :-) . Long Term Ditch the Sky box and use something else i.e. a DrayTek. Sky may say you are unsupported for third party modem which I think they did to me so I went TalkTalk instead at the time. Please if anyone has Sky with third party modem please let us know if you had problems. I have BT Infinity at home and use a DrayTek 130 linked to a Virtual UTM which gives much easier config and management. Edited February 17, 2017 by Davit2005
Primus Posted February 17, 2017 Posted February 17, 2017 I had loads of problems with the Sky router and port forwarding - sometimes it would work, sometimes it would spontaneously stop working. In the end since I had the OpenReach FTTC modem I was able to easily ditch it and replace it with my Apple AirPort Extreme which has been flawless for about a year or so now.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now