quiet_andy Posted February 2, 2017 Posted February 2, 2017 I know I am probably being stuid here but I am currently trying to get MS Classroom working. It works fine from home but when we try and use it in the classrooms it never actually loads. All we get is the Microsoft Classroom text with the spinning circle underneath. I have tried this on various machines and know there is probably something blocking it but I have looked into our firewall and security settings and nothing is flagged. Does anyone have an idea I could try, or maybe already came across this and fixed it?
zag Posted February 3, 2017 Posted February 3, 2017 Try bypassing the proxy temporarily to see if it works. Microsoft classroom Working fine here on our transparent proxy and the main school one using smoothwall NTLM authentication.
round2it Posted February 3, 2017 Posted February 3, 2017 i had the same problem you need to whitelist classroom.azureedge.net it was blocked by the yhgfl for some reason 4
quiet_andy Posted February 27, 2017 Author Posted February 27, 2017 Yes, it appears that adding above to Smoothwall sorted the issue. Now having fun assigning licenses via powershell. It is only giving out a few licenses.
zag Posted February 28, 2017 Posted February 28, 2017 Yes, it appears that adding above to Smoothwall sorted the issue. Now having fun assigning licenses via powershell. It is only giving out a few licenses. You can assign them from the portal to multiple users. I did about 99 at a time and it worked fine assigning classroom licenses.
Reverend_Dan Posted February 28, 2017 Posted February 28, 2017 I made this PowerShell script for this exact thing, it will add classroom licence to all users, as I was given more licences than users I have. (Finding the correct SKU was the hard part) Connect-MsolService $licenseObj = Get-MsolAccountSku | Where-Object {$_.SkuPartNumber -eq "CLASSDASH_PREVIEW"} $license = $licenseObj.AccountSkuId Get-MSOLUser -all | Set-MsolUserLicense -AddLicenses $license
quiet_andy Posted February 28, 2017 Author Posted February 28, 2017 When I try and bulk assign in the admin section I get the following error: To assign a license that contains Microsoft Classroom, you must also assign one of the following service plans: Exchange Online (Plan 1). But each user does the Exchange Online (Plan 1). I used the PowerShell script previously and it only assigns a few licenses.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now