JAB1a Posted December 22, 2016 Posted December 22, 2016 Hi all, Now the racing season is over its time to finally get back to some FPV adventures. Here is some clips of a the fun had at a place that needs to have a revisit soon The props I am using for these flights are Gemfan Master Series 5x4x3 and 5x45x3BN, these props are so efficient and spool up noticeably faster than similar style props I have used. Both sets are very durable and lived up to the punishment of the day. The 5x4x3 were very useful inside the building giving amazing grip in the tight corners without floating and the 5x45x3BN gave extreme top end speed and power outside but still giving precision and grip at low RPM. The match of Armattan Frame, Gemfan props and Acehe lipo has been a game changer for the way I fly lately and has given me so much confidence in the kit to go out and tackle any situation head on. Thank you to BrimzFPV and Matt for an amazing FPV adventure and for spotting on the day. 3
FragglePete Posted December 22, 2016 Posted December 22, 2016 What controller have you got on that these days? Pete
JAB1a Posted December 22, 2016 Author Posted December 22, 2016 Im using a RacerX 3.1 FC with gyro at 8k running Betaflight on BlHeli_S Esc's but I am just swapping them out tonight for 24A Gemfan Esc's running DShot300 and Betaflight 3.1. The FC is excellent, some have had them fail like any FC but I run two and both have been through the wars and still feel locked in. It might be time to swap to an F4 and run Raceflight or even go an AIO FC/ESC tower for a neat build but I can't find an F4 version with vTx etc. How are you going with your flights @FragglePete?
FragglePete Posted December 22, 2016 Posted December 22, 2016 All garaged up at the mo - too many things (and money) got in the way. Plus, I have to confess to being scared out of my wits flying it. It was just turning into a beast and I was terrified of it falling out of the sky at the wrong moment. I've taken a back seat at the moment but am impressed at how the technology has moved on and will look to put something together which is a bit smaller and more 'fun'. Just amazed at the advances of it all and what is out there pre-built and ready to fly. Pete 1
bald_pig Posted December 29, 2016 Posted December 29, 2016 I'm interested in building a quadcopter, biggest thing at the moment is that all the transmitters are so damn expensive! Do you know where I can get an affordable transmitter? I'm not too worried about new or used.
JAB1a Posted January 3, 2017 Author Posted January 3, 2017 (edited) I'm interested in building a quadcopter, biggest thing at the moment is that all the transmitters are so damn expensive! Do you know where I can get an affordable transmitter? I'm not too worried about new or used. Most FPV pilots use a FrSKY Taranis, these are about £170 and will come with a Rx that you can use. There are other options like the Turnigy 9XR remote that is about £80 but you need to buy and Rx and maybe even a Tx module to use it. The cheapest option is the Flysky remote, its got a reported 2km range out the box and I have seen lots of people using them and I have heard nothing but good things about it, considering its a budget device its quite impressive but will take about 2 weeks to arrive... FLYSky - Flysky FS - I6 2.4G 6 Channel Transmitter with LCD Display for RC Helicopter Multicopter-43.89 Online Shopping| GearBest.com Taranis - FrSky Taranis X9D Plus with new metal carry case Turnigy 9XR Pro - https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-9xr-pro-radio-transmitter-mode-2-without-module.html If you feel you will be doing this hobby for a while then I suggest the Taranis will serve you very well but the other two are just as good. All have a great community behind them for any issues you might have which is great to know. Edited January 3, 2017 by JAB1a made it clearer
pcstru Posted January 3, 2017 Posted January 3, 2017 I'm interested in building a quadcopter, biggest thing at the moment is that all the transmitters are so damn expensive! Do you know where I can get an affordable transmitter? I'm not too worried about new or used. I have a Walkera Wk 2801 pro Tx + Rx. I had intended to use it for a quad but I've now switched to a Specktrum tx for heli's so will likely stick with that from now on. So if you like, make me an offer for the WK20801.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now