localzuk Posted October 17, 2016 Posted October 17, 2016 (edited) Announcing the next EduGeek Minecraft server - FTB HermitPack! Server address: mc.edugeek.net FTB Hermitpack can be downloaded via the Curse launcher. We are using the latest release version of the pack, 1.6.1. The idea with this server is a large build as a group. The theme is a British architectural city. (So, Victorian, Edwardian, Tudor styling, but with tech...). Just like the real world, these styles often clash, so we should be mindful to design the city so it doesn't clash. We'll run this one until, well, we get bored. So, no getting bored. I have pre-generated out to 1000m in each direction. As always, to be whitelisted on the server, please visit your Profile on the site and add you Minecraft username to the field there. The server updates the whitelist every 6 hours. It can also be updated manually if you PM me and I'm around to do it. Edited January 29, 2017 by localzuk
localzuk Posted October 17, 2016 Author Posted October 17, 2016 Oh, also, I didn't make any starting buildings/equipment. We can do that as a group. If anyone wants to wait to join until we've got some basics running, that's fine.
Garacesh Posted October 17, 2016 Posted October 17, 2016 (edited) Curse recognises my username, but says my email isn't registered with them. But I know I registered with them years ago when the Minecraft forums made it mandatory. :/ Edit: Apparently this is a known issue, they deactivate inactive accounts. Emailed 'em. Hopefully I'll be able to jump on soon. Edited October 17, 2016 by Garacesh
bald_pig Posted October 17, 2016 Posted October 17, 2016 Hmm, very laggy at the moment... On the plus side, I spawned up a tree
localzuk Posted October 17, 2016 Author Posted October 17, 2016 Logging in myself now. Wasn't laggy when I was on earlier, so I'll take a look at that!
bald_pig Posted October 17, 2016 Posted October 17, 2016 Logging in myself now. Wasn't laggy when I was on earlier, so I'll take a look at that! I'm throwing another 2Gb of RAM at the problem just in case, 8Gb should be fine
localzuk Posted October 17, 2016 Author Posted October 17, 2016 I have a tiny hovel now - furnace, bench, chest and bed, down by the little pond near spawn. I'll probably not be on again tonight.
Garacesh Posted October 17, 2016 Posted October 17, 2016 Is there any other way to get the modpack, or does it have to be via Curse?
localzuk Posted October 17, 2016 Author Posted October 17, 2016 Just looked. It is also on the legacy FTB launcher it seems! 1
Geoff Posted October 17, 2016 Posted October 17, 2016 Do we have voice comms for this? I'd prefer discord if we don't.
jedmondson Posted October 17, 2016 Posted October 17, 2016 Im having linux nouveau graphics problems. will be on the server when i fix them.
ADMaster Posted October 18, 2016 Posted October 18, 2016 I'm using the old FTB launcher just fine. We have found a village south of spawn -175 275 with plenty of plains around it for building. Mike has setup a tinkers smeltery but we are still missing aluminum to make the casts. I have copper in one of my chests for the brass. I've started a bit of Power gen and Mekanism. Just a generator, crusher and furnace from extra utilities and the infuser from Mekanism. I think I've found a bug in the JEI recipe interface, unless I've a setting messed up. When trying to look up the recipe for a Mekanism machine it shows me the recipes that machine accepts, not how to make the machine.
localzuk Posted October 18, 2016 Author Posted October 18, 2016 If you can find clay, you can make one shot casts for parts with it until you find aluminium to make reusable casts. I'll take a look at the JEI thing when I log on tonight.
Garacesh Posted October 18, 2016 Posted October 18, 2016 I think I've found a bug in the JEI recipe interface, unless I've a setting messed up. When trying to look up the recipe for a Mekanism machine it shows me the recipes that machine accepts, not how to make the machine. From what I remember of mod packs there's 2 different ways to view a recipe.. What is needed to craft it, and what it is used to craft. IIRC, one option was bound to LeftClick, the other was (I think?) R.
Geoff Posted October 18, 2016 Posted October 18, 2016 I wandered round aimlessly somewhat last night (I was raiding with my WoW guild on my main monitor), then circled back to the village on the plains and setup the basics in a spare house.
bald_pig Posted October 18, 2016 Posted October 18, 2016 I found a mine/underground woodland, and got to mining! No power or anything yet, but I aim too fence off a plot of land tonight for my house - - - Updated - - - PS, I miss the indicator of what you was looking at and whether you could mine it!
Garacesh Posted October 18, 2016 Posted October 18, 2016 I bagsy'd a house (and to keep with my tradition of overly grandiose names, named it Chateau du Garacesh ) and did some mining. Killed a decent amount of piggies for food, too. Probably pop back on at some point tonight. Please tell me there's no portal radios, cicada, or other such producers of nuisance noise in this pack?
localzuk Posted October 18, 2016 Author Posted October 18, 2016 I found a mine/underground woodland, and got to mining! No power or anything yet, but I aim too fence off a plot of land tonight for my house - - - Updated - - - PS, I miss the indicator of what you was looking at and whether you could mine it! Waila can be added client side (I'll double check which version I added last night to my client). Though I haven't added the "is it harvestable" part of it. I bagsy'd a house (and to keep with my tradition of overly grandiose names, named it Chateau du Garacesh ) and did some mining. Killed a decent amount of piggies for food, too. Probably pop back on at some point tonight. Please tell me there's no portal radios, cicada, or other such producers of nuisance noise in this pack? If there isn't, I'll add it...
Garacesh Posted October 18, 2016 Posted October 18, 2016 Waila can be added client side (I'll double check which version I added last night to my client). Though I haven't added the "is it harvestable" part of it. Yeah, that's pretty much mandatory if you're working with modpacks you have no idea about (I found an ore yesterday that was white and dark purple, and mined it with a Stone pickaxe to no avail) If there isn't, I'll add it... cracks knuckles Game on
Geoff Posted October 18, 2016 Posted October 18, 2016 PS, I miss the indicator of what you was looking at and whether you could mine it! Pack has 'The One Probe' in it. It's a tool you have to use to get block info (you can put it in your off hand though). Unless you add it to a helmet. https://github.com/McJty/TheOneProbe/wiki I think @localzuk can also tweak the config to make it work like WAILA did.
bald_pig Posted October 18, 2016 Posted October 18, 2016 Yeah, that's pretty much mandatory if you're working with modpacks you have no idea about (I found an ore yesterday that was white and dark purple, and mined it with a Stone pickaxe to no avail) Yep, I did the same thing with the same ore!
Geoff Posted October 18, 2016 Posted October 18, 2016 WAILA has ruined you. We used to manage just fine back in 1.6.4 days without it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now