Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
There is a huge price difference between Elements and the other versions and it seems at first glance to offer enough functionality - is there any reason why Cubase Elements would NOT be a good idea over the other versions please?
Posted
Thanks Steve, can you elaborate a little for me please. As far as I understand, Elements gives you 64 midi and 48 audio tracks (more than enough for our students I would think), we use NI Bandstand for all our VST (not officially supported but seems to run fine) so instruments not an issue. The only thing I'm not sure about is what we would be missing in terms of effects etc?
Posted

I'll try to find out, but I'm sure that's midi tracks, not inputs the one you mean.

 

As it's also limited to something like 3 VST instruments on Elements so you couldn't create a full piece with VST etc.

 

One sec will try to find what I was reading originally.

 

Steve

Posted
Thanks Steve, looking at this comparison list Line-upÂ:ÂÂ|Âhttp://www.steinberg.net/ it would seem that Elements offers 16 VST instrument slots (so presumably you can have 16 VST tracks) but limits the number of VST instruments to 3 (which is fine for us as we only use 1 - Bandstand VSTi). We are thinking we may install 1 version of Artist so the students can create a basic piece in Elements (probably fine for the majority of them) and can then open it up in Artist if they need any further features
Posted
The previous music teacher we had here, always said to us that Elements wasn't good enough for our Sixth Form students. So we always paid for the better version.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...