penfold Posted September 6, 2016 Posted September 6, 2016 I've setup a web submission form which is working and I've got a page which I can search for a record and the edit/delete the entry. I've tested this with a number of records and it doesn't work for any record except for 1. I can edit a specific record and it updates correctly. However, if I try it with other entries when I click to Update the entry it just takes me back to the original results page and leaves the content as it was. I've checked my code following a number of online examples and it looks like it is correct. And if it wasn't correct I would expect it not to work at all for any entry. However, because I can edit 1 particular entry I assume my code must be OK? I just need some guidance as to where I go looking to troubleshoot this as I'm not sure where the problem is? I would just like to know, even though it works for 1 entry could it still be a problem with my code? I've been modifying so much this last day I'm tempted to start from scratch with clean code but I'd just like someone to confirm that before I start again.
Steve21 Posted September 6, 2016 Posted September 6, 2016 Any chance of an example of the code? :s Bit lost in regards to your comment that you can edit one record which works, yet other ones don't, (is that different to the 1st one working? or is one the first?) Could be something as stupid as you don't have the re-write/modify code editting the right link, and it's always picking 1st etc Steve 1
penfold Posted September 6, 2016 Author Posted September 6, 2016 Sorry, I mean I can update 1 particular record. All the others it seems don't work. I was preforming testing yesterday and it wasn't working. Today I tried a different record (accidentally) and it worked. The update works so long as I use a specific record, but your comment has made me thinking maybe its my WHERE statement which is wrong. Cheers
penfold Posted September 6, 2016 Author Posted September 6, 2016 @Steve21 - Thank you!!! Just looked at my code a bit closer and I had an AND statement in the Update statement which was looking to match other attiributes of the entry. It must have been that one of the entries matched but the others it was failing on. For some reason I was just overlooking this
Steve21 Posted September 6, 2016 Posted September 6, 2016 Glad to see it's sorted, can be a pain when you spend so long looking for something and someone else has an idea first time lol Steve
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now