Gongalong Posted August 8, 2016 Posted August 8, 2016 Hi folks, In case there's any Sticky Notes users here, there's a bit of a gotcha in build 1607, albeit there's a fix. After I updated, Sticky Notes started misbehaving. Font was very large, changing the font with the size hot key crashed Sticky Notes. It was also incredibly slow to type into. I did some digging and spotted a mention of the app having been updated to a Windows Store app. Why?! Anyway, I found it on the Windows Store - beware, there are a few imposters, you're looking for "Microsoft Sticky Notes" by the Microsoft Corporation - then installed it from there. Updated Sticky Notes app seems to behave itself.
Gongalong Posted August 8, 2016 Author Posted August 8, 2016 New Sticky Notes app is still oddly buggy. Slow typing. Formatting doesn't stick. Sigh...
Gongalong Posted August 9, 2016 Author Posted August 9, 2016 Yes, I spotted that and the Windows Ink Workspace. A shame they didn't test it a bit more!
Tefters Posted August 9, 2016 Posted August 9, 2016 Its also a lot bigger then the previous application version which is slightly annoying as it takes up more retail space on the desktop when using multiple. Time to look at getting a 1440p monitor
Gongalong Posted August 9, 2016 Author Posted August 9, 2016 Bigger... in terms of screen real estate?
Gongalong Posted August 9, 2016 Author Posted August 9, 2016 You can drop the font size with Ctrl+Shift+< (or > to increase font size). I tried using Ctrl+1 to drop to single line spacing, but it doesn't stick.
Tefters Posted August 9, 2016 Posted August 9, 2016 Its just the overall size of the note, even at its smallest its still bigger then the previous version so when having multiple notes you lose a lot of space
Gongalong Posted August 10, 2016 Author Posted August 10, 2016 Odd, but perhaps I didn't have the note at its smallest size before. I'm finding that text is not display correctly, so I deleted some text which turned out to be something from somewhere else, and no undo! Showstopper.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now