Lorfarius Posted July 20, 2016 Posted July 20, 2016 Having huge problems doing the install! Gets to the stage where you put in the details including the proxy address but it all it throws back is: A connection test could not be completed. I've tried all different versions of the proxy including replacing it as an IP address but it doesn't make any difference. Been trying to contact their support for several days but they don't respond to messages and I've now got a cross finance department who want to have it up and running as they've lots of work to do with it. Can anyone offer any advice? I've tried running it on the server and my workstation as Admin but still the same connection issue.
Steve21 Posted July 20, 2016 Posted July 20, 2016 (edited) We ignore it tbh, it errors anytime it's behind a proxy but if you try to login it works fine. Given up asking why Only thing I would say is remember to add the http://proxy : port way, not just IP too Steve Edited July 20, 2016 by Steve21 1
Lorfarius Posted July 20, 2016 Author Posted July 20, 2016 We ignore it tbh, it errors anytime it's behind a proxy but if you try to login it works fine. Given up asking why Only thing I would say is remember to add the http://proxy : port way, not just IP too Steve So: http://xx.xx.xxx.xx: proxyshield.embc.uk.com:80
Steve21 Posted July 20, 2016 Posted July 20, 2016 Aye if it's http://proxyshield.embc.uk.com:80 we had to add it that way, without the HTTP etc it didn't seem to work when we originally set it up. Worth a try doing it that way but might have changed. Steve
Lorfarius Posted July 20, 2016 Author Posted July 20, 2016 (edited) Yep does nothing They are appalling not reply to support requests, it's been outstanding for 3 days! I tried doing it as local install but the next box that opens up doesn't let me set the Sims options in settings, all greyed out. Edited July 20, 2016 by Lorfarius
Steve21 Posted July 20, 2016 Posted July 20, 2016 Strange, what's your homepage show? :s Also the log from when you connect? Steve
Cazale Posted July 20, 2016 Posted July 20, 2016 From memory I think it actually tries to connect using the credentials supplied, it doesn't just test the connection (which is what you would expect it to do!). So make sure your username and password are correct, and above all else, make sure the school ID is correct (you need to pay special attention to the instructions, as you need to enter something in font of your school ID depending on which country you are in. i.e. "school-1-" for England. I don't know the rest of the country codes...).
fredbayker Posted July 20, 2016 Posted July 20, 2016 I was told by their support line that the 'test connection' doesn't work for whatever reason. sure enough the sync worked just fine despite the test reporting an error.
Lorfarius Posted July 20, 2016 Author Posted July 20, 2016 It will not let me past the bit with connection test. All I can do is select Local which takes me through to the program but every single option is greyed out. I just tried giving them a call but can't even get through.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now