Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Tried to restore a Clonezilla image over the weekend, but it failed stating that the image is "not a Partclone image" (though it was created with 'Zilla. I've tried the version of Clonezilla that it was likely created with, but that didn't help. Google suggests lots of "sudo this" or "simply..." but I don't even know where the commands should go. Even the one that suggested using Clonezilla's Advanced Mode was fruitless as the option they said they used (ntfsclone) wasn't there.

 

Anyone got any bright ideas?

Posted
Could you have created a disk image rather than a image of the partition??

 

I did create a disk image, but that's what I'm trying to restore. (Click "Restore Disk" in the GUI). Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Posted
Probably not relevant as you say you have probably got th esame one - but when I have had problems with Clonezilla it has normally come down to having saved with a different version than I am trying to restore with. It's not supposed to make a difference but....
Posted
Probably not relevant as you say you have probably got th esame one - but when I have had problems with Clonezilla it has normally come down to having saved with a different version than I am trying to restore with. It's not supposed to make a difference but....

 

I might try the previous version to the second one I tried. I only tend to update the ISO quarterly and picked the nearest one to the image creation date - it may have been that I hadn't quite updated by then!

Posted

Tried half a dozen different versions of Clonezilla and never got this to work. Luckily I managed to recover the disk I thought I needed to restore.

 

Best I go back and check my other backups are OK, though it's about time I took new ones anyway.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...