roo20487 Posted January 30, 2008 Posted January 30, 2008 I'm trying to add a link inside an image ... if that makes sense. For example if you have a group staff photo and click on a teachers face it takes you to their profile, how do I do that? And if someones being especially clever what I'd really like to do is have a small window that appears when you mouse over their face giving a brief description of the staff member and a link to their main profile. Is this possible to do with JavaScript? Any help would be much appreaciated, any good websites to read up on etc. TIA.
localzuk Posted January 30, 2008 Posted January 30, 2008 Well, the basic way of doing it would be to use image maps: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_map.asp To do the fancy mouseover stuff, you can extend this using standard javascript on mouse over code: http://www.w3schools.com/js/js_image_maps.asp 1
roo20487 Posted January 30, 2008 Author Posted January 30, 2008 Awesome thanks a lot. I totally forgot about w3schools!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now