Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a Windows 8.1 machine, 64 bit with 16GB ram and an SSD and is all up to date with drivers etc.

If I use the machine generally there are no issues with CPU usage and remains low.

 

However, as soon as I connect to work via SSTP VPN and load Remote desktop on to my work PC, after a period of time, CPU usage rockets up as seen in the attachment below. The CPU usage shown is that on the client, not the remote PC.

 

If I close down the remote session, CPU doesn't drop off, the only way to get it back to normal is to reboot, unless next time I use remote desktop.

Both the laptop and remote PC have had new windows installs during the period of this issue,

 

Anyone shed any light on this or ideas as it's a pain!

Thanks

06-03-2016 17-16-18.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...