Trapper Posted February 24, 2016 Posted February 24, 2016 I've been asked to find some software that we can message all logged on users at set times, set messages (such as end of lesson) Has anyone come across this before?
Davit2005 Posted February 24, 2016 Posted February 24, 2016 No, but I've spent many hours looking for software for parents evening to signal the end of the alloted times. For Start/End of break times, start of day lessons, end of day this should be a schoolwide bell system.
elsiegee40 Posted February 24, 2016 Posted February 24, 2016 For Start/End of break times, start of day lessons, end of day this should be a schoolwide bell system. I agree. Any computer system needs to be supplementary. Not everyone will be in the vicinity of a classroom PC at change of lesson. Life would be difficult for PE staff (probably monitoring changing rooms or in a hall) and anyone in the staff room, at the photocopier, in the loo, etc... It would also give the students an excuse to be late
Andrew_C Posted February 24, 2016 Posted February 24, 2016 (edited) end of day this should be a schoolwide bell system.We don't HAVE bells. So I'm interested too. Our problems are amplified by having disparate buildings, not linked by fire alarms. We allow 5 mins between lessons, but it takes ME 5 mins to walk from Science to Languages, and I'm 6' and walk briskly. PE all happens outside the timetable; and they've got all the excuses they need at the moment. Edited February 24, 2016 by Andrew_C
Liam Posted February 24, 2016 Posted February 24, 2016 I use impero. Little overkill.. Why not just use a scheduled task . It's free. Get it to launch something for 5 seconds and close it with a script
elsiegee40 Posted February 24, 2016 Posted February 24, 2016 We don't HAVE bells. So I'm interested too. Our problems are amplified by having disparate buildings, not linked by fire alarms. We allow 5 mins between lessons, but it takes ME 5 mins to walk from Science to Languages, and I'm 6' and walk briskly. PE all happens outside the timetable; and they've got all the excuses they need at the moment. Your school is not the norm for anything! It's been that way since c1400 so why would they change it?
DalekSec Posted February 24, 2016 Posted February 24, 2016 We don't HAVE bells. So I'm interested too. BACK IN MY DAY! We had someone will a hand bell thingy that you ring like a town crier! HEAR YE HEAR YE it be the end of thy lesson! -rings bell franticly-
Andrew_C Posted February 24, 2016 Posted February 24, 2016 It's been that way since c1400Founded in1382, so I'll give you that one. But things have changed, science has been invented, the campus has grown, and we now have this thing called a timetable. Back in the day, all the Latin* lessons were taught in one large room... *Why would anyone need to study anything else?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now