localzuk Posted February 22, 2016 Posted February 22, 2016 You can view the page at http://www.edugeek.net/content.php?r=525-Announcing-the-Official-Edugeek-Game-Servers-Minecraft-and-more
bald_pig Posted February 22, 2016 Posted February 22, 2016 Is this one going to infuriate me as well, or will I be alright? lol
localzuk Posted February 22, 2016 Author Posted February 22, 2016 This pack is a tech pack, rather than an "oh god, the world's gonna eat me" kinda pack. There will be a bunch of differences with it, as it focuses on mods that haven't yet become popular, and misses out a lot of the most popular mods. So, a learning experience.
ZeroHour Posted February 22, 2016 Posted February 22, 2016 Just make sure you edit your EduGeek user profile to add your minecraft username. The field is private and non-public so its only used to automatically whitelist your access to the server.
localzuk Posted February 22, 2016 Author Posted February 22, 2016 Whitelist and permissions reloaded. So anyone who has added their MC name is now ready to go.
bald_pig Posted February 22, 2016 Posted February 22, 2016 So long as I can start off playing it as if it's vanilla then I'm happy
localzuk Posted February 22, 2016 Author Posted February 22, 2016 Sure, that's how I've started. Worth trying anyway!
bald_pig Posted February 22, 2016 Posted February 22, 2016 Sure, that's how I've started. Worth trying anyway! Cool, just added my username to my profile! That was my problem with the other server, having to use tinkers. I just want to build a little house and settle in! Also had a look on the map to figure out where I want to settle, hill/mountain near lava, water and a village not too far
localzuk Posted February 22, 2016 Author Posted February 22, 2016 (edited) I dunno why, but the server is saying you're dropping your connection. I've restarted the server just in case. EDIT: Have you tried restarting your client? Basically, your client is sending something strange to the server, and the server is interpreting that as you disconnecting. EDIT 2: BIAB, food. Edited February 22, 2016 by localzuk
bald_pig Posted February 22, 2016 Posted February 22, 2016 I dunno why, but the server is saying you're dropping your connection. I've restarted the server just in case. EDIT: Have you tried restarting your client? Basically, your client is sending something strange to the server, and the server is interpreting that as you disconnecting. EDIT 2: BIAB, food. Crashes to desktop. logs suggest it may be a mob thats causing the crash.
localzuk Posted February 22, 2016 Author Posted February 22, 2016 (edited) Ok, I'm gonna travel to your last known location and have a look. EDIT: Well! Just did it to me too. I have an idea though. Odd that its happening already - I've been on the server for about 8 hours myself and not experienced anything until now! EDIT 2: I've disabled the suspected mod, let's see if this fixes it. Edited February 22, 2016 by localzuk
localzuk Posted February 22, 2016 Author Posted February 22, 2016 OK. I seem to be in and not being kicked now. Try again @bald_pig?
bald_pig Posted February 22, 2016 Posted February 22, 2016 Getting a timeout now, time to double check everything I fiddled with lol
bald_pig Posted February 22, 2016 Posted February 22, 2016 After removing and re-adding the mods, still crashing when spawning mobs
localzuk Posted February 22, 2016 Author Posted February 22, 2016 (edited) OK. I'm gonna have to do some more digging. I've looked everywhere, and I can't see any mob related crash info. Please can you PM me your relevant logs @bald_pig? Its being completely stable for me now. Edited February 22, 2016 by localzuk
localzuk Posted February 22, 2016 Author Posted February 22, 2016 OK. @ADMaster is now in, and things are running smoothly for him. It appears to be a network issue @bald_pig. I know it sounds lame, but can you reset your router and your PC and see if that makes any difference? Also, do you have Java up to date?
bald_pig Posted February 22, 2016 Posted February 22, 2016 I've sent you a crash log, restarted router and laptop, crash persisting! Edit: in now after server backup!
bald_pig Posted February 22, 2016 Posted February 22, 2016 Aaaand crashed again as I was travelling east!
mikeprice Posted February 22, 2016 Posted February 22, 2016 Oh OK - I think I rashly promised to set up Minecraft to work in school So - what the hell is Minecraft and is this a good place to start confused
datar_ Posted February 22, 2016 Posted February 22, 2016 The temptation to spend too much time on Minecraft again is too tempting Gonna have to have a look at this mod, I was trying to get RR3 on ATL to run, but 158-196 mods was struggling even on a Core i7 and SSD :-(
localzuk Posted February 23, 2016 Author Posted February 23, 2016 (edited) Oh OK - I think I rashly promised to set up Minecraft to work in school So - what the hell is Minecraft and is this a good place to start confused Minecraft is an open world sandbox game. I don't think a modded server is likely to be the best place to start - trying out the normal version of the game is probably best there (as modded versions change a lot of stuff) The temptation to spend too much time on Minecraft again is too tempting Gonna have to have a look at this mod, I was trying to get RR3 on ATL to run, but 158-196 mods was struggling even on a Core i7 and SSD :-( This pack seems a lot lighter than most. I get 60FPS playing it, compared to a max of 25 for FTB Infinity or Revolution. Oh, also, have updated the whitelist again. Everyone who has added their Minecraft username before 7:30 this morning is now whitelisted. Edited February 23, 2016 by localzuk
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now