LeMarchand Posted February 10, 2016 Posted February 10, 2016 Similar problem to http://www.edugeek.net/forums/office-software/162460-outlook-2013-crashing-after-fixed-kb3097877-update-installed.html but on Word 2016 (in Windows 10). Doesn't seem to affect other Office programs. Faulting module setapi.dll. Started this week, but no other machines with the same setup here to see if it's universal. Have tried Word Safe Mode, changing default printer, deleting Word Default reg subkey/s, applying every MS update I can find and unchecking all COM add-ins to no avail. Anyone else getting this/got a fix?
LeMarchand Posted February 11, 2016 Author Posted February 11, 2016 Just in case everyone had knocked off when I posted this!
Michael Posted February 11, 2016 Posted February 11, 2016 I can't find setapi.dll but I can find setupapi.dll. Is this happening on just one workstation then (from what you describe)?
LeMarchand Posted February 11, 2016 Author Posted February 11, 2016 I can't find setapi.dll but I can find setupapi.dll. Is this happening on just one workstation then (from what you describe)? Doh! typo - too late to correct now. You're right, it's setupapi.dll. So far just one workstation; I'm hoping it's not another update problem! Tried repairing Office this morning; no luck. Currently running SFC /scannow.
LeMarchand Posted February 11, 2016 Author Posted February 11, 2016 Currently running SFC /scannow. Which found/fixed some stuff but didn't help. Might try a system restore if I get time (installed a load of stuff since, so a bit reluctant).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now