Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Anyone use RM maths?

When I installed it I followed RM's advice to reduce hardware acceleration to none, however, on one particular question - how much does a puppy weigh and move the pointer on the scales- the screen freezes. The only way I can get it to work is to change the hardware acceleration back to full!

Posted

I have it one school and its worked flawlessly for 2 years so can't help :(

 

Advice to reduce hardware acceleration is only slightly above sacrificing small goat IMO as useful technical advice :)

 

regards

Simon

PS you could always defrag and remove your AV software and you'll have done the top three tips :)

Posted
I have it and I didn't reduce the hardware acceleration - as far as I remember - and nothing has ever gone wrong (Yet!) or not worked
Posted
As far as I remember they advise reducing the acceleration - something to do with calibrating and I needed to do it as the software wouldn't install on some machines, but there's one particular question (so far) that won't work with the acceleration on none. Also, the TA that uses it with groups of pupils has had problems with the block placement progress thingy in the admin part, a pupil can't logon and when she looks in the admin part the the slider isn't displaying a palcement. (bit garbled - I don't use the program just get asked all about it!)
Posted
Sorted it now! Spoke to very nice man at RM - hardware acceleration needs only be set to none for installing then should go back to full. Also block placement thingy is because I didn't install the content extension for years 5 and 6 (hangs head in shame). More haste less speed in future if that's possible in this job!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...