_kstone Posted November 27, 2015 Posted November 27, 2015 (edited) Hi all, I'm attempting to create a form in a database I'm designing that can be used to sort/filter and select records (and open said record in a new form) I have done this before, where it works fine, but i'm doing the same way this time and can't get it to work unfortunately. I've attached the database in question (using sample data atm) if anybody has a second to have a quick look? In summary, I have inserted a listbox into NavigationForm, and set the data to three fields from the External table. I have set the double click event to: Private Sub List6_DblClick(Cancel As Integer) DoCmd.OpenForm "ExternalForm", , , "ApplicationID = " & Me! [List6] End Sub On run, it prompts for an ApplicationID (although it should get this from the listbox. Not sure why it won't work External Database.zip Edited November 27, 2015 by _kstone
spadam Posted November 30, 2015 Posted November 30, 2015 Just gotten around to looking at this.. Haven't used Access for a few years so got a bit nostalgic for a moment I think you just need to include the ApplicationID as a field in the data source for the form you're trying to open. Once that's there it opens the form filtered to the value selected in the list box. 1
_kstone Posted December 2, 2015 Author Posted December 2, 2015 (edited) Sorry, just read this - even when I add ApplicationID to the data to be used (and have it set as the Data Source) it still prompts for the ApplicationID EDIT: Nevermind. Added the ApplicationID field to the form and it works (I assumed that it would look at the table for the field, without it needing to be in the form! Oops! Thanks for looking! Edited December 2, 2015 by _kstone
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now