ITGURU Posted October 28, 2015 Posted October 28, 2015 I have a number of hardware/software devices which have the facility to send email notifications. I have a situation where by when configuring these that the test emails will only send if I use my domain login and password. If it change it to another domain user, I get an error saying the email failed and could not relay. I cannot see why my account should be any different to any others? For example we run PaperCut. For the email notifications it has to use my domain username and password as authentication, as if I change it to any other user or domain admin it doesn't work. Running exchange 2013 if makes any difference but a bit stumped on this one as not aware you can restrict email sending by user, only host IP ?
Steve21 Posted October 28, 2015 Posted October 28, 2015 On the receive connectors there's AD permissions if you don't have it set to anonymous, I'm guessing it's domain admin only by default? You'd have to add a service account/group to it Steve
Sagima Posted October 29, 2015 Posted October 29, 2015 (edited) We setup a receive connector for each thing that needs to email anonymously and then use powershell to grant it anonymous rights (I could use the web gui I suppose but I don't). Usually from a specific IP and Port but just port if it's going to be lots of things. If, for some reason, it needs to use authentication to send emails we just set up a service account for it. Edited October 29, 2015 by Sagima
Geoff Posted October 29, 2015 Posted October 29, 2015 All our 'infrastructure stuff' is on a seperate class C. There's a receive connector setup to allow anonymous smtp from this network range.
DavetheITguy Posted October 29, 2015 Posted October 29, 2015 Check AD for the permissions as well. Make sure you can see advanced options. Select a user, Security, Advanced. Make sure (Include inheritable permissions from this objects parents) is ticked. Also, check your receive connector setup and make sure anonymous is selected. Hope this helps.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now