Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm trying to work out some formulas in excel, hopefully someone here can help.

 

 

I want to work out the percentage of time taken to do a task for example

 

I do helpdesk duties and it's 9 hours of my working week, I work 35 hours a week, is it possible for excel to work out the percentage?

 

I would also want to work out the % of time I spend doing AV jobs and IT jobs. Can't seem to work out how to do the %'s

 

Ta

Posted (edited)

Or, if you have a list like this:

 

excel.jpg

 

If you want the percentages in column B, in cell B1 type in =A1/35 and press enter. Then under the Home tab of Excel click the percentage icon to view it as a percentage. You can then copy this formula down the rest of column B and format the other cells in the same way

Edited by themightymrp
Layout did not show as expected
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...