Davit2005 Posted October 19, 2015 Posted October 19, 2015 Switch Dependent or Switch Independent. Setup a Hyper-V host using on 2012 R2 server Core at home which was pretty easy enough but when it comes to NIC teaming what is the best approach. My switch at home supports LACP.
win Posted October 19, 2015 Posted October 19, 2015 I went for switch independent. It allows for greater flexibility as i had to break the nic team on a few occasions. If you're not changing anything for a long time then switch dependent but it means configuring at both ends. 1
Davit2005 Posted October 19, 2015 Author Posted October 19, 2015 I went for switch independent. It allows for greater flexibility as i had to break the nic team on a few occasions. If you're not changing anything for a long time then switch dependent but it means configuring at both ends. More or less what I have done, locked my self out. Thankfully I had a USB to Ethernet adapter at home so I managed to get back in.
PotNoodleTech Posted October 19, 2015 Posted October 19, 2015 Used independent here on two 10 gig links to make one nice big 20 gig and run everything through that. 1
Davit2005 Posted October 20, 2015 Author Posted October 20, 2015 I went for switch independent. It allows for greater flexibility as i had to break the nic team on a few occasions. If you're not changing anything for a long time then switch dependent but it means configuring at both ends. Thanks. Configured NIC teaming as Switch Independant Hyper-V ports now, it also seems to work pretty well
win Posted October 20, 2015 Posted October 20, 2015 Haven't had any issues yet, I only broke a team because i needed the ports otherwise i would team everything. I've been impressed with 2012 r2's nic teaming and hyper-v capabilities, hate the charms bar but that's a small issue i suppose!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now