vfong1982 Posted October 1, 2015 Posted October 1, 2015 Hi, can anyone please shed light on this? I have tried so many different solutions on the adobe forums on this issue, but no to avail. This happens for any CC app, packaged individually or as a bunch. I download the apps using the Creative Cloud Packager using the school's enterprise key, and then install it onto a client's PC - freshly imaged. It works for the first few runs, but after a while it reverts back to the Trial version. This is indicated by the Sign-In box which appears, where the splash screen normally appears when you launch the app. I have tried various solutions, such a removing the Slcache folder, giving full access to the Adobe program files, and using various user accounts of different access rights. Does anybody know how licensing works?
vfong1982 Posted October 2, 2015 Author Posted October 2, 2015 Is this the same as entering the CC Enterprise key in the CC Packager app? I'm still trying to understand how the deployment process works. I'm under the impression once the packager validates your license key, it will incorporate it into whatever package you are building, unless I'm mistaken?
psydii Posted October 2, 2015 Posted October 2, 2015 https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager/provisioning-toolkit-enterprise.html From experience you often need to (re)serialise it post-deployment.
vfong1982 Posted October 2, 2015 Author Posted October 2, 2015 So essentially the package created by the Packager is not serialized during the download process? Interesting, because I went through the "Create License File" channels which created a serialisation package. Ran it on a machine that previously asked for a Sign-in ID, and it worked...
psydii Posted October 2, 2015 Posted October 2, 2015 So re-serialisation post deployment fixes it for you? All I know is we see machines that should be serialised suddenly requiring re-serialisation and that link helped us. There appears to be no rhyme or reason to which machines fail.
vfong1982 Posted October 5, 2015 Author Posted October 5, 2015 I spoke too soon - now it comes up with an Error 16 - Please uninstall and reinstall. It worked once for the user, now it doesn't work. This is an all too familiar scenario I've faced with CC 2014 which I never managed to resolve. Any other suggestions?
vfong1982 Posted October 6, 2015 Author Posted October 6, 2015 Does anyone know if Adobe has a UK technical support number I could ring?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now