alonebfg Posted January 8, 2008 Posted January 8, 2008 ok i have been using GLPI 0.68 for a while now and it works well. Then I had a bright idea I know update it to 0.70 for better ldap support. How wrong i was I backed up everything and then began to update. I thought it was working really nice went through ok and then nothing just a blank page. then i thought ok i will try a fresh install and again nothing. Just a blank page. I have since reverted back to 0.68 and all is fine. i am still testing 0.70 on a spare box with no luck. If anyone has any ideas please say.
localzuk Posted January 8, 2008 Posted January 8, 2008 Try checking the Apache logs to see if anything is being reported.
Guest monkeyx Posted January 9, 2008 Posted January 9, 2008 (edited) Have you set the relevant file permissions on folders files, config and install? I upgraded from 0.70RC3 to 0.70 and has some issues with permissions, ended up given 777 access to those folders during install. I did not get a blank page though. you also need need to remove config/config_db.php for an update, rather than fresh install The LDAP works great for us by the way, so is worth upgrading. Edited January 9, 2008 by monkeyx
alonebfg Posted January 9, 2008 Author Posted January 9, 2008 (edited) i have looked in the logs and there are no errors. Someone on another fourm did mention ajax but i dont know or have a clue what this is. i have tred 0.rc3 and this dosent work ether i thing it might have something to do with java server side but i dont know what extra package i need to install. as for permissions i have set 777 on all files till i can get it sorted. checking around I might be using the wrong php I have got php5 installed but most say 4. Edited January 9, 2008 by alonebfg
Guest monkeyx Posted January 9, 2008 Posted January 9, 2008 I am using php 5.1.2. Have you tried point browser at http://host/glpi/install/install.php ? There is also an update.php in there. Could be that you are not getting passed on to install folder?
localzuk Posted January 9, 2008 Posted January 9, 2008 The error log may not contain any errors if error reporting is not set to be on at a high enough level. Open the php.ini file on your server and see what the line starting with 'error_reporting' has after the = sign. If it is anything other than E_ALL, change it to E_ALL. Then restart apache and try loading the page again, followed by looking in the logs. GLPI doesn't use any server side java - it makes use of php only on the server side, but uses javascript (ajax stands for Asynchronous Javascript and XML) on the client end.
alonebfg Posted January 9, 2008 Author Posted January 9, 2008 (edited) the install works fine it says everything is ok. I have also installed it on my box at home and i am getting the same problem. Just for interest sake what are you using for your webserver. I have a feeling it might be due to the fact i am using ubuntu 6.06. It also does the same on a fresh install.when i point to http://host/glpi/install/install.php I get a blank page still. but then the install went fine. Edited January 9, 2008 by alonebfg
Guest monkeyx Posted January 9, 2008 Posted January 9, 2008 You have got me curious now, as I am also using 6.06 server version. Also got it running on my laptop using full version of 7.10. I have also got it integrated with OCS inventory on both platforms with no issues? Is it still blank if you try to manually load the index.php from the root of glpi ? Have you run all updates and patches via apt-get ? It maybe you need to extend apache logging as per previous post? Could you load phpinfo on that server and post the results ?
alonebfg Posted January 9, 2008 Author Posted January 9, 2008 Ok I have learnt something (dont laugh) set permissions on all folder as root root 777 and it did not work then had a play set permissions as www-data on group and user and it works fine now. This has me thinking it might have been a module that only runs as www-data and not root but i thought root was a member of all group any ideas (by the way running fine now permissions set to www-data)
Guest monkeyx Posted January 9, 2008 Posted January 9, 2008 Glad you got it working, we learn more from mistakes I know I do
alonebfg Posted January 9, 2008 Author Posted January 9, 2008 just as a quick question on the back of this i have got it all working really well adding users etc via ldap but how do i make it so the people dont have to log in and it uses there username and password from windows to log in atomaticly
Guest monkeyx Posted January 10, 2008 Posted January 10, 2008 I have been having a look at this article to decide if it will work. Will try this on my laptop version later today and let you know.
Guest monkeyx Posted January 10, 2008 Posted January 10, 2008 After looking at the article on previous post on GLPI forum it requires mod_ntlm in apache2 to work. It would appear that the official version does not work very well with ububntu ): Luckily this version does work for me. I can only access glpi site after authenticating, however the patch listed in article in previous post does not work, so still more work to do yet. Will feedback further tomorrow.
alonebfg Posted January 10, 2008 Author Posted January 10, 2008 (edited) if you want a test platform i have one and if it breaks does not matter as its only used for tests and when it works on there i then make it live. will have a look myself tomorrow. I have been looking at this tread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=153229&highlight=mod_ntlm&page=2 But i have not tested it yet as my server went down while I updated GLPI on it. But i will give this a try tomorrow. Edited January 10, 2008 by alonebfg
Guest monkeyx Posted January 11, 2008 Posted January 11, 2008 I found a link on the french forums http://glpi-project.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1397&p=7 , that appeared to help with the issue. I can not get this to work v.70 rc3 though. I used the following ntlm version http://mywheel.net/blog/index.php/mod_ntlm2-on-apache-22x/. Which I have confirmed that ($_SERVER["REMOTE_USER"]) is available to PHP after installing. Are you able to test this on a full 0.70 release ?
alonebfg Posted January 11, 2008 Author Posted January 11, 2008 (edited) sure i will give it a go here is a translated link if anyone else is watching this fourm http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fglpi-project.org%2Fforum%2Fviewtopic.php%3Fid%3D1397%26p%3D7&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8 how did you conferm that it was avalible Edited January 12, 2008 by alonebfg
alonebfg Posted January 12, 2008 Author Posted January 12, 2008 Ok it just dont work i cant automaticaly log in. I can type username and password of a domain user and it will let me log in but when i goto the site it wont automaticaly auth me its driving me nuts. It does not seem to be retriving the data from IE7 I dont know way and cant find the answer.
alonebfg Posted January 13, 2008 Author Posted January 13, 2008 (edited) after trying and trying and trying i have come to the conclusion that this only works with windows based aphache and not linux but i am still looking into it. I have found the problem it is this sspi_auth_module modules/mod_auth_sspi.so and it can only be installed onto a windows apache php install so there is no way to get it working. Ok i think it might have something to do with the directives and where i put them any idea. Edited January 13, 2008 by alonebfg
Guest monkeyx Posted January 14, 2008 Posted January 14, 2008 (edited) The ntlm mod is passing through a username as I can get it echoed to the screen, but it is not getting parsed by login.php. It would appeared to have worked in release 0.68, will contact glpi project members to ask for help on this. Placed a post on glpi board here Edited January 14, 2008 by monkeyx
alonebfg Posted January 15, 2008 Author Posted January 15, 2008 (edited) how do you test it to see if it is working I just want to make sure. I have also installed the most resent version and it is not working still but lapd is working fine. Edited January 15, 2008 by alonebfg
Guest monkeyx Posted January 16, 2008 Posted January 16, 2008 Hi I added echo 'username: ' .$login; to the footer login div section in login.php and it gives my username. monkeyx
alonebfg Posted January 16, 2008 Author Posted January 16, 2008 k can you put a bit more info than that i cant find out where it goes as i am not getting a echo ??My php is not good.
Guest monkeyx Posted January 16, 2008 Posted January 16, 2008 (edited) My experimental version of index.php. Look for username: to see the little extra I added to show username and the suggested additions from authtoad link i mentioned earlier. It will add your username to bottom right, when you attach to glpi via Internet Explorer. Sorry for posting whole page but I am in a rush to start my red wine Been busy in Windows land last couple of days, hopefully get more time on Friday to look at this again. Monkeyx /* * @version $Id: index.php 5773 2007-10-29 11:39:49Z jmd $ ------------------------------------------------------------------------- GLPI - Gestionnaire Libre de Parc Informatique Copyright (C) 2003-2007 by the INDEPNET Development Team. http://indepnet.net/ http://glpi-project.org ------------------------------------------------------------------------- LICENSE This file is part of GLPI. GLPI is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. GLPI is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with GLPI; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA -------------------------------------------------------------------------- */ // ---------------------------------------------------------------------- // Original Author of file: // Purpose of file: // ---------------------------------------------------------------------- // Test si config_db n'existe pas on lance l'installation define('GLPI_ROOT', '.'); include (GLPI_ROOT . "/config/based_config.php"); if(!file_exists(GLPI_CONFIG_DIR . "/config_db.php")) { include (GLPI_ROOT . "/inc/common.function.php"); glpi_header("install/install.php"); die(); } else { include (GLPI_ROOT . "/inc/includes.php"); $_SESSION["glpitest"]='testcookie'; // Using CAS server if (!empty($CFG_GLPI["cas_host"])&&!isset($_GET["noCAS"])) { glpi_header("login.php"); } // Authentification Automatique HTTP if (isset($_SERVER["REMOTE_USER"])) { $pos = stripos($_SERVER["REMOTE_USER"],"\\"); if (!$pos === false) { $login = substr($_SERVER["REMOTE_USER"], $pos + 1); if ($login != '') { header("Location: login.php?login_name=".$login); } } } // Send UTF8 Headers header("Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8"); // Start the page echo ""; echo ""; echo "GLPI Login\n"; echo "\n"; echo "\n"; echo ''; // Appel CSS echo ''; // surcharge CSS hack for IE echo ""; echo "<!--document.getElementById('var_login_name').focus();-->"; echo ""; // Body with configured stuff echo ""; // contenu echo ""; echo ""; echo nl2br(unclean_cross_side_scripting_deep($CFG_GLPI['text_login'])); echo ""; echo ""; // authentification CAS if (isset($_GET["noCAS"])) echo ""; if (isset($_GET["noHTTP"])) echo ""; // redirect to tracking if (isset($_GET["redirect"])){ manageRedirect($_GET["redirect"]); echo ''; } echo ""; echo ''.$LANG["login"][10].''; echo ''.$LANG["login"][6].' : '; echo ''.$LANG["login"][7].' : '; echo ""; echo ' '; echo ""; echo "\n";<br /> echo "document.getElementById('login_name').focus();";<br /> echo ""; echo ""; // fin box login echo ''; echo " "; echo $LANG["login"][26]; echo ""; if (isset($_GET['cookie_error'])){ echo $LANG["login"][27]; } echo ""; // Affichage autorisee FAQ if ($CFG_GLPI["public_faq"]){ echo '[ '.$LANG["knowbase"][24].' ]'; } echo ""; // fin contenu login if ($CFG_GLPI["debug"]==DEMO_MODE){ echo " $query="SELECT count(*) FROM `glpi_event_log` WHERE message LIKE '%logged in%'"; $query2="SELECT date FROM `glpi_event_log` ORDER BY date ASC LIMIT 1"; $DB=new DB; $result=$DB->query($query); $result2=$DB->query($query2); $nb_login=$DB->result($result,0,0); $date=$DB->result($result2,0,0); echo ''.$nb_login.' logins since '.$date ; echo ""; } if ( isset($_SERVER["REMOTE_USER"])){ $login = $_SERVER["REMOTE_USER"]; if ( $login != ''&& !isset($_GET["noHTTP"])){ header("Location: login.php?login_name=".$login); } } echo ""; echo ""; echo 'GLPI version '.(isset($CFG_GLPI["version"])?$CFG_GLPI["version"]:"").' Copyright (C) 2003-'.date("Y").' INDEPNET Development Team.'; echo ""; echo 'username: ' .$login; echo ""; } // Appel de cron if ($CFG_GLPI["debug"]!=DEMO_MODE){ callCron(); } echo ""; // End ?> Edited January 16, 2008 by monkeyx
alonebfg Posted January 18, 2008 Author Posted January 18, 2008 ok thats it i have broken it now lol never mind have done a new install and it seems to be ok again. where do you put the directives as it does not seem to show my username just username:
Guest monkeyx Posted January 18, 2008 Posted January 18, 2008 If you are running on Ubuntu you will need to install this mod http://mywheel.net/blog/index.php/mo...on-apache-22x/ I then setup the apache website modifications as per http://glpi-project.org/wiki/doku.php?id=en:authautoad The index.php I sent you should then work, if not I will need to upload the login.php as well.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now