Jobos Posted July 9, 2015 Posted July 9, 2015 A TA has bought in her Acer Aspire E1-532 laptop for me to look at as her son has set a BIOS password and now can't remember what it is. With desktops it's a easy matter of resetting the BIOS but I'm reluctant to take the case apart looking for the BIOS battery so was hoping some kind sole would share the best way to fix this
LeMarchand Posted July 9, 2015 Posted July 9, 2015 I've used this: CmosPwd - CGSecurity or there are other similar utilities.
jamesb Posted July 9, 2015 Posted July 9, 2015 Any use? Clearing The Password Check And Bios Password - Acer Aspire E1-531 Service Manual [Page 65]
Jobos Posted July 9, 2015 Author Posted July 9, 2015 Any use? Clearing The Password Check And Bios Password - Acer Aspire E1-531 Service Manual [Page 65] Thanks. I found that this afternoon but unfortunately it's not quite the same on this model as the jumpers are different.
Jobos Posted July 9, 2015 Author Posted July 9, 2015 I've used this: CmosPwd - CGSecurity or there are other similar utilities. Thanks. Not tried it yet but will when I'm back in school after my holiday. I'll report on how I get on.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now