Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello,

 

I recently made a post about deploying printers via gpp. I have this working fine for our physical systems on site however I have seemed to have overlooked our citrix desktops. Is it possible to use Item-level Targeting (an environment variable) to add a printer based on the client name of the desktop and not the actual computer name? We have 3 rooms all with thin clients which have desktops from the same XenDesktop pool. Is it possible to deploy a printer using gpp to citrix desktops based on client name?

 

example:

Citrix Desktop Name: VSTUW8-024

Client Name: H11-06

Printer to map: H11-Mono

 

Hope this makes sense?

 

Thank you,

William

 

Edit:

 

I found a way to do it using Citrix Policies. A video can be found at http://www.citrix.com/tv/#videos/5177

 

Just need to use Client Name instead of IP range as that is what is used in video

Edited by william_tropico
Solved

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...