Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've just installed a new Foxconn mobo into my home computer. It has an ATA 100 and ATA 133 IDE interface. I've put a hard disk on the 133 and DVD on the 100. During POST it detects the HDD on ch0 and nothing on ch1. In BIOS it shows the DVD drive on ch0 and nothing on ch1!

 

If I let it run, it gets to the Windows EX splash and then reboots into safe mode.

 

Any ideas?

Posted
What model is the mainboard? Have you just changed the board out with a similar specification? If not you will probably have to repair windows.
Posted
It's a 945G7MA and it's the only one I have. It booted from the ghost disk ok and recognised both drives. It seems to have a problem recognising both IDE channels. I have got as far as getting it to run in safe mode but not with an HDD and optical drive. I think the next step is to put the boot HDD and DVD on the same IDE channel and if that works, get windows working then work from there.
Posted
I see this board has one IDE port driven by the chipset and the other one is driven by an additional controller, alot of the time in the BIOS you will only be able to see drives connected to the onboard IDE connector while anything connected to the addon IDE controller will be displayed during post on its own rom display screen. Its probably best to have your hard drive on the native IDE connector ATA100 and your optical drive as well and once you have installed windows and all the drivers move the optical over to the ITE addon port.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...