ranj Posted December 17, 2007 Posted December 17, 2007 So whos broughts COD4. What an amazing game. Modern warfare is amazing. You need to buy this game people. The most reliastic game I have seen in a while.
alan-d Posted December 18, 2007 Posted December 18, 2007 I've had it about a month and played about an hour online - can't seem to get into it this time.
TechMonkey Posted December 18, 2007 Posted December 18, 2007 Finished the campaign and though it was fab, if a tad short. Online I think it is one of those games where you need to either be lucky and get on a decent game with decent people or have a load of people you know who play it. Kill everyone games seem to be the usual fill of Americans that yak all the time about how they gonna kill you in the face and how great they are until you kill them and its a lag kill, or luck or he was blinking so no fair. Team matches end up being single person charges due to no one wanting to speak or cooperate. Case in point being the way people follow right up behind you through a door or round a corner so as you are getting shot you try and back up and can't. Did manage to get on a server populated by a gang of Irish guys who knew what they were doing and that was good as we all let everyone know what was going on and it just clicked. Not sure I like the whole levelling up before you can get things route as it seems to just mean those that play it 24 hours a day have the best items and lord it over those that just dip in and out. Over all though it is a good game. The final plane storming level is fab and Death from Above is one of the best levels I have played in a long time.
Scotmk Posted December 18, 2007 Posted December 18, 2007 Hi Had this game since it was release, excellent, fab, brill. My clan have a 24 man cod4 server, if you wanna come over and play with "nice" people. http://www.frag4fun.co.uk
EduTech Posted December 20, 2007 Posted December 20, 2007 yup COD 4 is one of the best games this year.. i have completed it on Veteran supurb game i am always online on it look forward to playing with some of you guys. I play on the xbox 360 but i might go and get i on the PC so i can play with Scot's Nice friends lool * who completed the course in less then 19 seconds on the first level * Regards James
ChrisH Posted December 20, 2007 Posted December 20, 2007 FPS on a console.. its like steering a car with your feet
EduTech Posted December 20, 2007 Posted December 20, 2007 nah i find it really easy i am pretty good with the FPS on the console if i dnt say so myself... i have trouble playing games on the PC with the mouse and keyboard i use the Xbox 360 controller to play games on my PC hehe Regards James
TechMonkey Posted December 20, 2007 Posted December 20, 2007 Ahha! So you are the other one on my leaderboard! Wondered who it was with the high score
EduTech Posted December 20, 2007 Posted December 20, 2007 yhyh i think i have ur gamertag haha! thats on my public account i aint on it much b cuz i am on my XBL Lauch team privite profile... must start playing with public one more when i am at home Regards James
SimpleSi Posted December 20, 2007 Posted December 20, 2007 People - what minimum graphics card have you got it working on. The demo works ok on my Radeon X1300 but I'm looking for a cheap card (AGP) for my wife's machine as she's a keen COD/MOH fan. Anyone got it working on older hardware? regards Simon
EduTech Posted December 20, 2007 Posted December 20, 2007 i don't play it on a PC.. but i know that the games runs nice on a NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT/GTO (256mb) Erm i will have a look around for you Si see what i can dig out but i know the above one aint very expensive. Kind Regards James
ranj Posted December 20, 2007 Author Posted December 20, 2007 You want to use a good graphics card for COD4. if you plan to play the latest MOH airborne, you need an even better graphics card. On a poor graphics card MOH just struggles. I had to change my card just to play both games
EduTech Posted December 20, 2007 Posted December 20, 2007 Yea i do have to agree with the above... this card should play both games if u have the money to spend http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?product_id=19332 regards James
Simcfc73 Posted December 23, 2007 Posted December 23, 2007 Sunday night 21.50 and I just finished it Amazing, brilliant superb. Much better than Crysis but thats probably because this game runs on my PC okay. Thought it was annoying when I died straight away on the hard level too often and I did hide behing the dodgems in the sniper level because I got sick of being killed but its a beautiful game. Might even continue playing in Arcade mode, its that good. Love sniper games though and have always enjoyed COD games.
SimpleSi Posted December 24, 2007 Posted December 24, 2007 Thanks for the recommendatios but you mistake me for a youngster with money to spend I'm running the demo OK on a X1300 which ranks 65th on this site. Trouble is - my card is PCI-E but my wifes machine only has AGP so I can't just buy a new one for me and let her have mine, so I need a CHEAP one for hers. I didn't realise that MOH had a new one out so I'll need to know the minimum for that as well. (off to find demo!) If you know someone with an old card that's upgraded - let me know and I'll make them an offer regards Simon
Warren-Plus Posted January 1, 2008 Posted January 1, 2008 I love COD4 ive had it bout 4 days now and its amazing. The campain is a bit short but there are 4 different levels. Ive completed it in easy and ive just passed the Sniper Mission In The City on normal. Im also up to lvl 17 on the multiplayer and have unlocked over half of the perks now. I found it really annoying at the start of the Multiplayer because you have all the good people with amazing guns running around knowing all the good places and your left with a rubbish weapon and unable to kill anything. Brendan
ict-direct Posted January 29, 2008 Posted January 29, 2008 COD 4 is outstanding, especially if you've got the graphics card to handle it. However it still doesn't beat Elite on the BBC from 1982. This might sound odd but when you consider that the whole game ran on a 100K floppy, with only 4 colours and 20K RAM to play with - it was an outstanding piece of work. Anybody else agree?
DevilsAdvocate Posted February 7, 2008 Posted February 7, 2008 Bought this Tuesday and finished it yesterday evening. Awesome game! Can't wait to have a blast on the multiplayer. Rob
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now