soveryapt Posted April 16, 2015 Posted April 16, 2015 Morning All Got a problem with SIMS in that when running existing reports, the error "object reference not set to an instance of an object" is shown and it doesn't run. I've just logged onto the server this morning as I was also told that our Text system hadn't updated, and because that uses reports, it's showing a similar error. Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: object reference not set to an instance of an object. at SIMS.UserInterfaces.CommandReporter.runReport(String args) at SIMS.UserInterfaces.CommandReporter.Main(String args) Anyone have any ideas? We've logged a call with the LEA SIMS support, but if any can think of anything, that would be great as the LEA team can take a while to get back to you, especially if anyone has taken biscuits in after the Easter holidays..... Thanks Andy
ianriley1986 Posted April 16, 2015 Posted April 16, 2015 I also have the same problem after a SIMS migration to a new server. Has yours just suddenly occurred or have you also migrated?
jdoldridge Posted April 16, 2015 Posted April 16, 2015 We have had this issue just this week and it took Capita 3 days to fix. Basically it is an issue with the document management server. If you have recently migrated you need to check the old DOCSTORAGE folder on the old server and you may have two folders inside there. One named after the old server and one named after the new one. We had to merge the two folders contents so all of the files are back in one folder again. and check your document management server settings are correct within Tools > Setups > Document Management Server 2
soveryapt Posted April 16, 2015 Author Posted April 16, 2015 Suddenly occurred. I've move some main shares around on drives as we were down to the last 5GB, but because we're under support from the LEA for SIMS, I leave any of those shares well alone. I found one thing that pointed to a Word HotFix, but the server doesn't have word on it and has run the Teachers2Parents updated perfectly fine before now. #Confused
jdoldridge Posted April 16, 2015 Posted April 16, 2015 I did also receive a KB Article (KBA-08014-L4J1F9) from Capita. Have a look on My-Account to see if it helps.
soveryapt Posted April 16, 2015 Author Posted April 16, 2015 Turns out that some of the reports had gone walkies, so it couldn't find them in out case (restored a backup and found out there was a considerable difference in folder size). Anyway, restored that and all is working again for us now. Don't know if that will help anyone else, but do check that all reports have been copied over and have the right permissions in DOCSTORAGE with the new server name and all should be well. 1
ianriley1986 Posted April 16, 2015 Posted April 16, 2015 Just tried the exact same and now its working! Thank you! If only SIMS gave a simple error message like "Report not found"!!!
soveryapt Posted April 16, 2015 Author Posted April 16, 2015 Just tried the exact same and now its working! Thank you! If only SIMS gave a simple error message like "Report not found"!!! Took me 3 hours on and off the phone to LEA support and it was only when I'd spotted a folder missing in the DOCSTORAGE that posed the question "has something disappeared" .. Glad you've sorted your issue out too. Andy
JoeFulford Posted September 25, 2015 Posted September 25, 2015 We have had this issue just this week and it took Capita 3 days to fix. Basically it is an issue with the document management server. If you have recently migrated you need to check the old DOCSTORAGE folder on the old server and you may have two folders inside there. One named after the old server and one named after the new one. We had to merge the two folders contents so all of the files are back in one folder again. and check your document management server settings are correct within Tools > Setups > Document Management Server Thankyou very much jdoldridge. I had the same problem and your solution worked perfectly! :-) 1
Argh_iPads Posted January 25, 2018 Posted January 25, 2018 I know this thread is pretty old, but I was getting this message and I struggled to find anything related info online. When a user accessed the latest census through Routines-Statutory Returns-School Census, Scrolling down through the page would crash SIMS and an error window would pop up with the following message: Fault Code: 7963-8927-3000 - Object reference not set to an instance of an object. : System.NullReferenceException After an hour of troubleshooting I found the issue to be related to the users roaming profile. I deleted the profile on the local machines, and renamed the profile in the user profiles share so a new one would be generated. And that was the fix! 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now