Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm trying to rule out a switch problem or more a do we need to upgrade question.

As far as I'm concerned the network is running fine. Wired wise I can see no issues as such. Its just the Wifi that is causing problems. But I have a guy onto that.

 

I have attached a simple network diagram, as far as I am aware they are all 1000mb switches except the 2650 and 2626 ( is this correct? ) and these 2 switches have very little coming off them.

I'm just wondering if there is anything there that will cause network issues ( wifi ) or if the core infrastructure is ok and its a AP issue.

 

NO VLANS

 

switch.png

Posted
While I have no experience with the other brands of switches, I can say that HP 2650 is an ancient switch by today's standards, ports are all 100Mb, except for the dual personality ones which are 1Gb. They were replaced by 2610 models, and later the 2620's. More annoying was the dual personality ports on those switches.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...