Jobos Posted February 9, 2015 Posted February 9, 2015 I'm tearing out what little hair I've got left with this one! Right got a Joomla site hosted on Capita's openhive and I'm trying to restore it on Vidahost using Akeeba . Everything restores fine till I try to logon to the backend and it will not accept my password. I've copied this Joomla site before to different subdirectories when using OH and never had a problem before so I guessing there is something different about Vidahost. Any advice please?
3s-gtech Posted February 9, 2015 Posted February 9, 2015 Have you updated the config.php with the appropriate new settings? $CFG->dbname $CFG->dbuser $CFG->dbpass Will all have changed, most likely.
spadam Posted February 9, 2015 Posted February 9, 2015 I had something similar a couple of years ago when moving to another host but can't remember what the cause was for me now.... I would suggest working through the possible fixes on the Akeeba support site though: https://www.akeebabackup.com/documentation/troubleshooter/prbasicts.html
Jobos Posted February 9, 2015 Author Posted February 9, 2015 @3s-gtech put me on the right track the problem was the $cookie_domain setting in configuration.php. It thought is was correct but the schools A record is still pointing at Capita so I'm accessing the new site with www..gridhosted.co.uk so the cookie domain was incorrect in that respect. You don't want to know how much time I've wasted on this :-) Thanks guys!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now