simpsonj Posted February 9, 2015 Posted February 9, 2015 Anyone know how to do this with codes from MVLSC? I had hoped 'Add features to Windows 8.1' and sticking in our Windows 8.1 Pro key would do the trick, but it hasn't. This article suggests it should work, but I wonder whether the laptop has been built with another language... The laptop in question is a HP Stream 11 (Nice bit of kit, aside from the horrible trackpad), and whilst i'm not too shy about rebuilding it from scratch, I would prefer to keep HP's software if possible. Anyway, any thoughts, suggestions welcome!
cmwillo Posted April 21, 2015 Posted April 21, 2015 hi we have also bought a new little HP Stream 11 and want to add it to our domain. However the supplied OS Windows 8.1 with Bing doesn't allow this. I can't use the "add features..." as the previous poster said. I have tried using a windows 8.1 pro disk but that doesn't work either. Any thoughts? is it due to a hardware constraint that I can't upgrade this to full windows 8.1 pro?
simpsonj Posted April 21, 2015 Author Posted April 21, 2015 IN the end I rebuilt it from scratch using our a Windows 8.1 Pro CD from boot, wiping the previous hard drive partitions, and then reinstalled all the drivers from the HP website. Definitely not a hardware restraint as once Windows 8.1 Pro is installed, it works absolutely fine, and sat on our domain quite happily!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now