Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
We've got a trial of a guided reading system which works on tablets and phones using a QR code from an index they provide to the school. I'm struggling to find a barcode reader app that can be deployed by MSI. Anyone got anything?
  • 9 months later...
Posted
@Oaktech

Did you ever find a suitable QR code reader?

 

For the android phones, yes, tons of them, for the windows tablets I ended up scripting a powershell install of something from the windows store that did OK - QRReader I think.

Posted

Hmm - don't suppose i could nick that could I? Powershell and I don't get on too well.

 

Mind you the Microsoft store one has bad reviews - do you have any feedback on it?

Posted
Hmm - don't suppose i could nick that could I? Powershell and I don't get on too well.

 

Mind you the Microsoft store one has bad reviews - do you have any feedback on it?

 

I've had a look, it's not the QRReader one, it's the MKH Barcode Reader. I'll see if I can find what I did as the trial only lasted a half term before the teaching staff decided it was too fiddly.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...