Chuckster Posted December 19, 2014 Posted December 19, 2014 I am trialling this product which I have installed on a Windows 2008 R2 machine. What I wanted to know more than anything is the replication aspect of it. Firstly, I have 2 x ESXi servers with locally stored VMs. At the moment I have created another ESXi host that has no VMs sitting in its datastore - this is going to be a test server. What I want to know is if I create a replication job in Veeam does the replication go from... ESXi --> Middle Man (machine with Veaam installed) --> ESXi host with replicated VMs OR ESXi --> ESXi host with replicated VMs
aleach2 Posted December 19, 2014 Posted December 19, 2014 We use Veeam and I believe it is the latter. It goes from our primary data store (SAN) to our DR data store (NAS) and not via our backup server. The backup server just initiates the transfer and keeps an eye on its progress. Ad. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now