Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

 

Whats the situation with using SMART Notebook on hardware that wasn't produced by SMART. Years ago I heard that if you had 1 SMART board on site you could do this. But I can't find anything in writing on the SMART website to confirm this.

 

I was wondering if anyone can help please?

 

Thanks

Posted
I looked into this recently. Smart do an annual subscription for the Notebook software based on a) the number of smart boards on site and b) the total number of classrooms you want to use the software in. You'll need to contact a reseller for pricing as it seems pretty bespoke.
Posted

I bought our SMART Notebook site license recently to do exactly this.

 

There are 2 components to the scheme. Firstly, you will need to buy a license for each non-SMART interactive device you wish to use it on. They're a few hundred quid each. On top of that, you then will want to pay for "Advantage", which is basically upgrade protection. We bought 4 years worth of this.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...