Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
I have a problem in that when I re-image computers using RIS\WDS the lame.dll (mp3) file association is lost meaning that I have to do it manually on each machine. Is there a reg hack or other trick I can use to do this for me?
Posted

being a bit daft here but do you mean as in registering the dll as in regsvr32 or you mean the actual file association ?

 

If the file assocation then what are you associating the dll with ?

 

DOH ! Guess it helps if you read the title / subject of the thread instead of skim reading.

Posted
Indeed. When you first try to expoet or save a file as an MP3 it asks for the location of the lame.dll file which lives in the plugins folder. Once you point it there it is registered with Audacity. When you image\sysprep the machine it loses this.
Posted
Ok:

 

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Audacity\Audacity\MP3]

Value Name:MP3LibPath

Value: String:C:\\Program Files\\Audacity\\Lame\\lame_enc.dll

 

I've just found that. It works a treat. Thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...