BatchFile Posted November 27, 2014 Posted November 27, 2014 I've no idea which forum this should be in so feel free to move it! Simple question: Does anyone know of a courier that will accept laptop batteries anymore? We had a slip of the mouse and ordered the wrong ones from an eBay seller; the seller will swap them, but we can't find a courier that will take them as they are categorised as hazardous goods... We've tried all the usual suspects: Post Office DHL TNT UPS etc.
synaesthesia Posted November 27, 2014 Posted November 27, 2014 eh? Never, ever had a problem shipping or receiving batteries - all laptops come with them, they won't have a problem shipping those!
BatchFile Posted November 27, 2014 Author Posted November 27, 2014 they do when they're not in a laptop...
plexer Posted November 27, 2014 Posted November 27, 2014 eh? Never, ever had a problem shipping or receiving batteries - all laptops come with them, they won't have a problem shipping those! Yup there are all sorts or rules and regs around shipping batteries now. Who did the supplier use originally? Ben - - - Updated - - - they do when they're not in a laptop... I've never seen a laptop that has come with the battery installed though they are always separate and so should fall foul of the rules. Ben
BatchFile Posted November 27, 2014 Author Posted November 27, 2014 I think it was Royal Mail - I'm not entirely convinced they declared what was in it...
localzuk Posted November 27, 2014 Posted November 27, 2014 It depends where you've got to send them to. Within the UK and I've never had any issues shipping Lithium batteries. Overseas - that's when issues start, as the IATA has set rules about it. DHL will ship such batteries but they cannot be defective/faulty and they must follow their rules - DHL | Lithium Batteries | English
sparkeh Posted November 27, 2014 Posted November 27, 2014 (edited) Seems Interlink will do it: Lithium Batteries Other couriers I looked at will only accept them from certain customers. Edited November 27, 2014 by sparkeh 1
BatchFile Posted November 27, 2014 Author Posted November 27, 2014 Seems Interlink will do it: Lithium Batteries Other couriers I looked at will only accept them from certain customers. Yup, that looks good (though we're having to repack them in pairs) http://www.iata.org/whatwedo/cargo/dgr/Documents/Lithium-Battery-Guidance-2013-V1.1.pdf
BatchFile Posted November 27, 2014 Author Posted November 27, 2014 @localzuk I don't think they'll do it in the UK either Following an IATA/ICAO decision to ban loose Lithium Metal batteries on passenger aircraft as from January 2015, DHL Express is likewise unable to accept these batteries on its network. from http://www.dhl.co.uk/en/express/shipping/shipping_advice/lithium_batteries.html?utm_source=473347&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=dhlitnow_campaign_Nov
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now