mattx Posted November 19, 2014 Posted November 19, 2014 I'm trying to install a VIB files which I have copied over to a location on Data_Store_02 VIBs folder. Every time I run: esxcli --server=esxi-lon02 software vib install -d "/VIBS/hp-HPUtil-esxi5.5-bundle-2.1-18.zip" or esxcli --server=esxi-lon02 software vib install -d "/Data_Store_02/VIBS/hp-HPUtil-esxi5.5-bundle-2.1-18.zip" The error message is informing me the location (No such file or directory) is wrong - any idea how you work out the correct path ? Pulling my bloody hair out.
mattx Posted November 19, 2014 Author Posted November 19, 2014 Just tried: C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware vSphere CLI>esxcli --server=esxi-lon02 software vib install -d http://vibsdepot.hp.com/hpq/sep2014/esxi-550-bundles/hp-HPUtil-esxi5.5-bundle-2.1-18.zip Enter username: root Enter password: [ValueError] Only server local file path is supported for offline bundles. (http://vibsdepot.hp.com/hpq/sep2014/esxi-550-bundles/hp-HPUtil-esxi5.5-bundle-2.1-18.zip) seem to be remote URIs. Please refer to the log file for more details.
mattx Posted November 19, 2014 Author Posted November 19, 2014 And this also fails - nice product, shame its a frigging black art to try and install something: C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware vSphere CLI>esxcli --server=esxi-lon02 software vib install -v http://vibsdepot.hp.com/hpq/sep2014/esxi-5x-vibs/hpssacli/hpssacli-2.0.23.0-5.0.0.vib Enter username: root Enter password: [VibDownloadError] ('http://vibsdepot.hp.com/hpq/sep2014/esxi-5x-vibs/hpssacli/hpssacli-2.0.23.0-5.0.0.vib', '', '[Errno 4] IOError: ') url = http://vibsdepot.hp.com/hpq/sep2014/esxi-5x-vibs/hpssacli/hpssacli -2.0.23.0-5.0.0.vib Please refer to the log file for more details.
Ergo_Computing_IS_Support Posted November 20, 2014 Posted November 20, 2014 Hello, If you have copied the offline bundle ZIP file to the data store, you can access the datastores from the following directory on the ESXi host: /vmfs/volumes/ So in theory the full path in your case would be /vmfs/volumes/Data_Store_02/VIBS/hp-HPUtil-esxi5.5-bundle-2.1-18.zip I believe VMware recommend copying the offline bundle to /var/log/vmware/ and then running the install command from his location rather than direct from the datastore. VMware KB: Installing async drivers on VMware ESXi 5.0, 5.1, and 5.5 2
mattx Posted November 21, 2014 Author Posted November 21, 2014 Installed - just need to work out how to use the Hewlett-Packard_bootbank_hpssacli now to create a new mirror of two hard drives I've installed.
Ergo_Computing_IS_Support Posted November 21, 2014 Posted November 21, 2014 (edited) Hello, I'm glad you have now installed it. There is some useful information available here ... http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03934591.pdf from page 10, and the document links to a few other documents as well. Edited November 21, 2014 by elsiegee40
mattx Posted November 24, 2014 Author Posted November 24, 2014 Hello again :-) I've created the array using HP's command line utility via SSH using the command on 2x300 GB drives hpssacli ctrl slot=1 create type=ld drives=1I:1:7,1I:1:8 size=300 raid=1 Great - lights are on and all is good - do a quick status check ( note the new array is array C ) array A physicaldrive 1I:1:5 (port 1I:box 1:bay 5, SAS, 72 GB, OK) physicaldrive 1I:1:6 (port 1I:box 1:bay 6, SAS, 72 GB, OK) physicaldrive 2I:1:3 (port 2I:box 1:bay 3, SAS, 72 GB, OK) physicaldrive 2I:1:4 (port 2I:box 1:bay 4, SAS, 72 GB, OK) array B physicaldrive 2I:1:1 (port 2I:box 1:bay 1, SAS, 36 GB, OK) physicaldrive 2I:1:2 (port 2I:box 1:bay 2, SAS, 36 GB, OK) array C physicaldrive 1I:1:7 (port 1I:box 1:bay 7, SAS, 300 GB, OK) physicaldrive 1I:1:8 (port 1I:box 1:bay 8, SAS, 300 GB, OK) Problem I have now is that it's not appearing in the storage, even when I re-fresh it or try to add additional storage. Is there something else I need to do to the newly created array ? On a quick google I can't see anything. I'm wondering if it's because I created the mirror with the actual size of the drives however if this was going to be a problem I'm sure it would have bombed when I created it.
Ergo_Computing_IS_Support Posted November 25, 2014 Posted November 25, 2014 Hello, If you haven't already tried - I'd do a re-scan of the HBA's, a refresh and then try and add new storage. If this doesn't work, it might be that the host needs a reboot before it detects the new RAID group. Thanks.
Sam_Brown Posted January 17, 2017 Posted January 17, 2017 Hello, If you have copied the offline bundle ZIP file to the data store, you can access the datastores from the following directory on the ESXi host: /vmfs/volumes/ So in theory the full path in your case would be /vmfs/volumes/Data_Store_02/VIBS/hp-HPUtil-esxi5.5-bundle-2.1-18.zip I believe VMware recommend copying the offline bundle to /var/log/vmware/ and then running the install command from his location rather than direct from the datastore. VMware KB: Installing async drivers on VMware ESXi 5.0, 5.1, and 5.5 Thanks for this. Helped me out tonight.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now