Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

 

We have currently got Exchange 2010 with the latest service pack installed, and therefore have the ability to share calendars over the internet. I've created a public calendar for school events to be displayed and we have a couple of users who keep it updated.

 

This works fine when accessing it via the full URL > http://webmail.MySchool.com/owa/calendar/[email protected]/Calendar/calendar.html

 

I can therefore embed this in our website within an iframe.

 

Unfortunately, this doesn't display for users browsing the site from their phone (the page you're trying to reach can't be accessed with your web browser...), and when it does work, it looks pretty rubbish as it gets the default orange Outlook We App theme.

 

Has anyone else done this more successfully? I appreciate I can't apply CSS to an iframe, so is there an alternative to an iframe?

 

Ideally, I'd like to know whether there is a way of pulling out the calendar events from OWA and displaying them as a list on our website (maybe RSS?). We only have 4 or 5 events each week, so most of the calendar that gets displayed is empty anyway. I'd like to stick with OWA if possible as it's really easy for our users to update the calendar from within their Outlook client.

 

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...