tholding Posted October 14, 2014 Posted October 14, 2014 Hi Pretty new to SIMS so please forgive my ignorance and newb question. A student has a former UPN which is the same as the UPN which another student should have as their current UPN. When trying to add the current UPN to the correct student, it won't allow me as it is another students former UPN. So my question is, how do you delete the former UPN as I can't find a way via the student record. Thanks
elsiegee40 Posted October 14, 2014 Posted October 14, 2014 Not sure how that can happen? The UPN is made up of the school number and then a unique number to the student So a UPN starts with the three digit LA number CCC then continues for 4 digits identifying the school NNNN and then finishes with the student number XXXXXX within the school, i.e. CCCNNNNXXXXXXX It shouldn't be possible to get a duplicate UPN because a school should never reissue a student number. Those numbers need checking. UPNs are unique. That's what the U stands for.
jonrose Posted October 14, 2014 Posted October 14, 2014 I've had this before, can't remember how this came about but it may have been caused by importing a CTF with the incorrect data. I was given a .exe program called reallocateupn.exe which when ran deleted the duplicate UPN. I don't know how to (or even if I'm able to) upload the zip file I have with it in, but if you PM me your email address I will send it to you. 1
tholding Posted October 14, 2014 Author Posted October 14, 2014 Not sure how that can happen? The UPN is made up of the school number and then a unique number to the student So a UPN starts with the three digit LA number CCC then continues for 4 digits identifying the school NNNN and then finishes with the student number XXXXXX within the school, i.e. CCCNNNNXXXXXXX It shouldn't be possible to get a duplicate UPN because a school should never reissue a student number. Those numbers need checking. UPNs are unique. That's what the U stands for. I'm being told that it was manually entered incorrectly, so it wasn't as if the MIS generated the UPN for the student.
rob_coles Posted October 15, 2014 Posted October 15, 2014 There is a reset UPN tool. We've used it previously. Ask your LEA or whoever provides sims support. Pm me if you get stuck
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now