IT_Man_Dan Posted October 7, 2014 Posted October 7, 2014 Afternoon all, I'm just trying to setup YouTube for schools so that when students go to youtube they can only access educational content and that which we approve. I use GoogleApps here at the school and all the students have school Gmail accounts. For internet we have a connection provided by SchoolsBroadband with hosted Lightspeed filtering. So far this is what I have done to set it up. 1. Signed up for Youtube for Schools using my school email address and obtained the 22 character youtube for schools code. 2. Put the code into the relevant section of the lightspeed filter and then tick 'Allow Youtube for Schools' for students. That seems to work well and now whenever a student tries to access Youtube they get redirected to YouTube for Education. The problem is that if they then sign in with a personal youtube account they get full YouTube access?!! What am I doing wrong? Thanks
localzuk Posted October 7, 2014 Posted October 7, 2014 You have to block HTTPS access to youtube, to prevent them from being able to log in.
AceDaz Posted November 10, 2014 Posted November 10, 2014 Hi How did you get your code? When I try it says that there is an issue with signups...this has been going on for 2 months now Afternoon all, I'm just trying to setup YouTube for schools so that when students go to youtube they can only access educational content and that which we approve. I use GoogleApps here at the school and all the students have school Gmail accounts. For internet we have a connection provided by SchoolsBroadband with hosted Lightspeed filtering. So far this is what I have done to set it up. 1. Signed up for Youtube for Schools using my school email address and obtained the 22 character youtube for schools code. 2. Put the code into the relevant section of the lightspeed filter and then tick 'Allow Youtube for Schools' for students. That seems to work well and now whenever a student tries to access Youtube they get redirected to YouTube for Education. The problem is that if they then sign in with a personal youtube account they get full YouTube access?!! What am I doing wrong? Thanks
rickjames Posted July 6, 2015 Posted July 6, 2015 Bump. This horse is well and truly dead still, correct?
localzuk Posted July 6, 2015 Posted July 6, 2015 It continues to work with existing signed up schools but new ones can't sign up. I think the latest word was that Google are working on some form of replacement, but they're not being very vocal about it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now